DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Samsung S8 Won't connect to the controller...

yf_22

Reactions
My friend's Samsung note8 didn't recognize the controller, but we managed to fly the drone itself via WiFi.
we tried it with Debugging mode and it showed nothing.
we also tried three older versions as we were told after we decreased the resolution to min and it didn't work either.

Reactions: Renan
Check the cable connecting it to the remote, make sure it is not just a charging cable, and that it supports data. Also, if you are using the full sized USB port on the bottom of the remote, you need to pull any cords out of the side mini port.

You might try this. My new Galaxy T2 tablet will only connect to the controller if I follow this routine.

(1) Make sure the DJI GO 4 App is loaded to your Note 8
(2) Make sure the Controller, Mavic and S8 are turned off. (I close all open applications running on the Samsung device before shutting the device down)
(3) Connect the S8 to the controller through the bottom USB port with the DJI supplied USB cable and the cable in the left side of the Mavic Controller is disconnected if fitted.
(4) Power on the Controller then the Mavic and let them connect.
(5) Power on the S8, if the GO 4 App does not open automatically, open it.
(6) Hopefully the S8 will connect to the controller.

My new Galaxy T2 will only connect to the Controller if I power it up after the Controller and Mavic have connected. My wife's two year old Galaxy T2 and my Galaxy 7 Phone will connect to the Controller even if powered up prior to the Controller and Mavic connecting.
Hope this helps.

Reactions: yf_22
My friend's Samsung note8 didn't recognize the controller, but we managed to fly the drone itself via WiFi.
we also tried three older versions as we were told after we decreased the resolution to min and it didn't work either.
I have an s8 and it definitely works. You mentioned s8 in the title but said note in the text so unsure if the note is the problem

S8Note here works great every time so far I also use my Tab A & Tab E. I start RC first then let it open Dji automatically when ready once RC is connected to cell I then turn on MP. Calibrate Compass then FLYYYYY.

Had the same problem with my s7 and turned out to be the permissions with the phone allowing the controller to be used as a usb device...I did put a post up about it some time ago but can't fine it now, hope helps a little

Make sure the USB option is set to file transfer, the phone will still get charged from the remote. If that doesn't work, get yourself a good OTG adapter and plug the cord into the lower USB port.

Check the cable connecting it to the remote, make sure it is not just a charging cable, and that it supports data. Also, if you are using the full sized USB port on the bottom of the remote, you need to pull any cords out of the side mini port.

I used the small cable fited on the controller in the side..

The Mavic Pro ships with two similar but different cables besides the Apple cable Make sure you are using the correct one for your phone. And make sure it is fully inserted in the phone while attached to the controller.

Hi bruv, I have a Galaxy S8 and I got the same problem, does anyone knows how to solve that?

I have the same problem with a Galaxy S8, I tryed a lot of things but nothin works, anyone know what to do? Please I dont know what to do anymore. =(

I use an S8 all the time. Zero problems. Usually make s ure i close down running apps but that is all. Have even received phone calls while flying.

Sugest you must have cable problems.

I normally use the bottom USB port on the can ontroller with a high quality cable.

I tryed the bottom one with the original Samsung cable, and the left one with two different cable as well. Nothin happens =/. I feel bad cuz its a new generation cel phone, how is it possible?! It need to work, right?

I usually turn on the Drone first and while it acquires satellites etc attach the phone to the controller. My phone is already on. Start the controller and get a message on my phone giving option to connect via USB to DJI4, Drone Harmony or AirMap. Select what I want "Once Only" and the relevant app will start up. Do my checks and away I go.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
testtest