DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Samsung Tab A 7" does it work?

DR Vision

Reactions
I recently purchased a new Mavic Pro after having a Phantom 3. I wanted have a larger screen and was told a Samsung Galaxy Tab A 7inch would be great using the DJI Go 4 app. It looses the image right after takeoff (can still control the craft with the controller) I want to use the tablet for flying only and have taken off almost all the unused apps. Any ideas? Does the Litchi App work with the tablet and Mavic? Anybody have some experience with this. I am new to the forum but have flown for years RC and drones. Do you used the tablet in airplane mode or not?

I have a Tab A and it works great. I fly in airplane mode with all other apps turned off. Try using Go 4 version 4.1.15; it fixed my video problems. When you get a version that works for you, turn off automatic updating in the play store so it will not change.

I have a Tab A and it works great. I fly in airplane mode with all other apps turned off. Try using Go 4 version 4.1.15; it fixed my video problems. When you get a version that works for you, turn off automatic updating in the play store so it will not change.
Thank you, good to hear it works with you.

After the issues with Go4 .18, mine simply wouldnt play ball. I ended up rooting it and putting it back to .9 Its fine now.

I have a tab a6 it don't work well took everything off it so just the apps you can't get rid off plus go4 it works till about 100 yards out and 60 feet up then you get signal loss and rtb my s7 works but I'd like a bigger screen so it looks like iPad time

I have a tab a6 it don't work well took everything off it so just the apps you can't get rid off plus go4 it works till about 100 yards out and 60 feet up then you get signal loss and rtb my s7 works but I'd like a bigger screen so it looks like iPad time
Are you flying via WiFi? When using the remote control it should make no difference what display device you are using; either it works or it doesn't. Losing signal at a distance is caused by degraded signal from interference, incorrect antenna positioning, or other communication issues between the Mavic and the RC, not by the display device.

Reactions: Flycaster
Are you flying via WiFi? When using the remote control it should make no difference what display device you are using; either it works or it doesn't. Losing signal at a distance is caused by degraded signal from interference, incorrect antenna positioning, or other communication issues between the Mavic and the RC, not by the display device.

Plugged in to the rc with the little dji lead it just drops the signal and comes up signal lost rtb or the screen freezes or stops recording or goes black&white bring drone back and change to s7 phone and it's fine I've got a iPad mini 4 today so alls good I hope

Plugged in to the rc with the little dji lead it just drops the signal and comes up signal lost rtb or the screen freezes or stops recording or goes black&white bring drone back and change to s7 phone and it's fine I've got a iPad mini 4 today so alls good I hope
Plug into the RC using the center USB port. Use a known good data cable; you can get a shorter one later. Unplug any cable from the side of the RC. What Go4 version are you using?

Plug into the RC using the center USB port. Use a known good data cable; you can get a shorter one later. Unplug any cable from the side of the RC. What Go4 version are you using?

Tried different cables all work with s7 and all have problems with tab a6 tried usesing bottom port same happens as for djigo4 I'm new to this so both download same day about 6 weeks ago

Like this??

Short answer is No the Samsung Tab A can not handle the processing requirements of the Dji go4 app and video feed. Buy a ipad mini 4 and flight with confidence.

Short answer is No the Samsung Tab A can not handle the processing requirements of the Dji go4 app and video feed....
I was going to reply that my Tab A works very well, but I am using Go 4 version 4.1.15. It is very possible that it cannot handle newer versions. When most software matures it normally adds capabilities that require more processing power and the Tab A may not have what it takes. I won't update Go 4 because version 4.1.15 is very solid. Perhaps someone using a Tab A and the current Go 4 app can chime in.

Nup dont work. Even when rooted, it cant run Go4 properly. I think I'm back on 4.1.9?

I have just got a Tab 7 to use with my Mavic and l am unable to get the camera to pick anything up. Everything works fine, but no picture. I plug my mobile in or my shield and up pops the picture. This is the screen l get, any ideas....Just new new so nothing too technical please

Attachments

• IMG_20190316_130655.jpg
    IMG_20190316_130655.jpg
    4.6 MB · Views: 17
Get rid of those little shorty cable things that come with the Mavic. Use a good Data Transfer cable (like the one that came with your device of choice). Use the bottom center port to connect to your device of choice. I am currently using one of those handy 90 degree magnetic charging cables to "permanently" occupy the side port on the controller, so no chance of using that with the tablet. Never have to remove it, just get the charging cable close, and click, charging that delicate little port that a lot of folks seem to break.

I am also using a Samsung Galaxy Tab A (2016 model), and zero issues,
but I am on Go4 version 4.0.4 or 4.05.

The aircraft? well, I never updated it once I cracked the boxes open and registered it 2 years? ago..

None of that pesky nagging, quizzing, NFZ'ing, gimbal resets, hobbling etc. for me!

Reactions: Mossiback
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929