DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Samsung Tab A 8.4 2020

outasite

Reactions
Well new to all this had my mavair 2 for a few months.
Flying with iPhone 8 Plus. All is good but screen small.
Got a new Tab A (64 bit) lol
Looked into it I thought a lot.
But yes flies fine but no compass
So i loaded the iPhone in, screen mirror to the tab and I now run the Mac fly app on the bigger tab screen.
Working great. Short test flight very cold up north today lol

Will update as I get more flights in

Reactions: Nearlypastit
Wondering how you used the tab a with your iPhone.
i also have the tab a 64 bit and yes the compass function seems to be the only thing missing for the djifly app

Wondering how you used the tab a with your iPhone.
i also have the tab a 64 bit and yes the compass function seems to be the only thing missing for the djifly app

Install AirScreen on your tablet.
Make a wifi hotspot on your iPhone and have the Tab join it.
Open mirror on the iPhone and you will see an Apple TV named like the tab clic mirror

I use a VCUTECH tab holder to hold the tab above the phone and the phone is plugged into the RC controller

The tab is only mirrored for visual still need to touch and run the DJI fly from the phone IMG_2131.JPG

I just use the Tab now only missing the small arrow that shows you if you are pointing at the drone. Thought I wouldn’t like the Android fly app but it’s not that bad.

Good luck let me know if I missed anything?

I just use the Tab now only missing the small arrow that shows you if you are pointing at the drone.
I am confused. I thought that you were mirroring with the IPhone as it has a 'compass' yet you state that tab is missing the small arrow that shows if you are pointing at the drone which I though was 'controlled' by a compass.

I am confused. I thought that you were mirroring with the IPhone as it has a 'compass' yet you state that tab is missing the small arrow that shows if you are pointing at the drone which I though was 'controlled' by a compass.

Yes the phone mirrored to tab has the arrow
What I said is I fly lots now with just the Tab A Only missing that little arrow but I don’t mind the Android app alone

Sorry if I confused you

Reactions: jarnie
I guess you still have the map with home point marked, correct? So you can still see your orientation just using the Tab A without the mirroring?

I think you answered my question already after rereading
I think i will be happy just with the app. And less stuff to hook up and get it in the air

I guess you still have the map with home point marked, correct? So you can still see your orientation just using the Tab A without the mirroring?

Yes map works and records flight path good little tab.
Just big enough light but not to big
I have internet on it so maps load great

That’s why I started flying with just the tab when I need a good view. Then use the iPhone when I miss some of the Apple settings

Yes the phone mirrored to tab has the arrow
What I said is I fly lots now with just the Tab A Only missing that little arrow but I don’t mind the Android app alone

Sorry if I confused you
Thanks for clearing that up for me so quickly. I assume it can also be done with an Android phone setting it up as a hotspot.

Last question, what settings are you missing when not using the iPhone other than the compass?
And yes the Tab A is nice just haven’t had a chance to get the MA2 out because of weather
And thanks for all your input on this subject

IMG_2165.JPGIMG_2166.JPG

Missing some of the info from the new update like if you are pointing at the drone
Sorry it now looks different to me lol
Sorry can’t be of more help

Fly version 1.2.2 now has the attitude indicator which replaced the orientation indicator in previous versions.

DJI stopped using Play to distribute the apps for Android. You now have to download from DJI site. Last version of Fly in Play is 1.2.1.

So the iPhone probably has 1.2.2 with the attitude indicator, while the A has 1.2.1 with the orientation indicator, which won't work without a device compass.

Reactions: coboconk
Sorry 'outasite' but I cannot see where the mobile phone is or the cable connecting it to the controller is. I would have thought that the mobile phone needs to be plugged into the controller.
Also using a mobile phone set up as a hotspot and the tablet mirroring it then the touchscreen for the dji Fly app would not be possible?

Sorry 'outasite' but I cannot see where the mobile phone is or the cable connecting it to the controller is. I would have thought that the mobile phone needs to be plugged into the controller.
Also using a mobile phone set up as a hotspot and the tablet mirroring it then the touchscreen for the dji Fly app would not be possible?

Yes sorry I am just showing the clip I made to hold the tab to the phone holder in that picture.
And yes the tab would be mirrored and I needed t touch the phone underneath the tab. Became annoying su just using the phone or tab separately now.
Sorry for any confusion
Topic changed a little

Did you update the tab to use 1.2.2 or using 1.2.1. , iam using 1.2.1 but wondering if I should delete it and get 1.2.2 from DJI website or if there is any advantage to doing it

Did you update the tab to use 1.2.2 or using 1.2.1. , iam using 1.2.1 but wondering if I should delete it and get 1.2.2 from DJI website or if there is any advantage to doing it

Just updated my android to 1.2.2 from Dji shows the compass now
I don’t have a compass built into this tab so the little arrow can’t point but do like some of the features

Fly version 1.2.2 now has the attitude indicator which replaced the orientation indicator in previous versions.

DJI stopped using Play to distribute the apps for Android. You now have to download from DJI site. Last version of Fly in Play is 1.2.1.

So the iPhone probably has 1.2.2 with the attitude indicator, while the A has 1.2.1 with the orientation indicator, which won't work without a device compass.

Thank you just updated the Android that was my issue on the tab

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929