DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Samsung TAB A

charliej

Reactions
I have looked at many TAB A posts and most seem happy with it. I have just got one and whilst I can connect the RC with the micro USB on the side I can not get it to connect with the under USB port. Tried lots of different cables to no avail. Is there some TAB A setting I have missed or a faulty port? I want to keep the side port for charging only. Any thoughts?

I have looked at many TAB A posts and most seem happy with it. I have just got one and whilst I can connect the RC with the micro USB on the side I can not get it to connect with the under USB port. Tried lots of different cables to no avail. Is there some TAB A setting I have missed or a faulty port? I want to keep the side port for charging only. Any thoughts?
What drone are you flying? The bottom port on the newer controllers like the MA2, Mini 2, M3, MA2S is for charging or connecting to the pc. The port you need to connect to on those are the top one on the right under the slide up part. The left one is a dummy plug for the other end of the cable for when you slide the top down so it can stay in there.

What drone are you flying? The bottom port on the newer controllers like the MA2, Mini 2, M3, MA2S is for charging or connecting to the pc. The port you need to connect to on those are the top one on the right under the slide up part. The left one is a dummy plug for the other end of the cable for when you slide the top down so it can stay in there.
this photo might help, my tab is a samsung tab 8, 2019, the cable shown is the one supplied with the mini 2

Attachments

• 20211230_220830.jpg
    20211230_220830.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 29
Is the Tab A compatible with the Fly app? Have you installed the Fly app? Looks like it's hooked up fine.

No I am still old school flying a Mavic Pro Platinum. The bottom USB port has worked fine with other tablets. This rather indicating a fault with the TAB A but I was just wondering if I had missed a setting on THE TAB.

Is the Tab A compatible with the Fly app? Have you installed the Fly app? Looks like it's hooked up fine.
yes it is compatable with the fly app, I've been using it to fly my mini 2 for the last 2 years, I downloaded the app direct from the dji site

No I am still old school flying a Mavic Pro Platinum. The bottom USB port has worked fine with other tablets. This rather indicating a fault with the TAB A but I was just wondering if I had missed a setting on THE TAB.
have you looked at my photo,? that's the CORRECT way to connect the tab A to the controller, it's nothing to do with a fault with the tab if you do not connect the cable as shown, the socket on the side of the tab A can be used for charging the tab but also as a connection to the controller

Last edited:
have you looked at my photo,? that's the CORRECT way to connect the tab A to the controller, it's nothing to do with a fault with the tab if you do not connect the cable as shown, the socket on the side of the tab A can be used for charging the tab but also as a connection to the controller
Yes if I connect from the side micro of he RC it all seems to work. Its when I connect from the base RC USB port that it does not work though does work with the Samsung Phone.
Its baffling me!

Yes if I connect from the side micro of he RC it all seems to work. Its when I connect from the base RC USB port that it does not work though does work with the Samsung Phone.
Its baffling me!
When I had my Mavic Pro, I found that the issue was with the cable used. Some worked and some didn't. I never did figure out how to determine which would work and which wouldn't but maybe someone here would know. I do remember that the side port always worked. You could try to find a cable with the android port at both ends and use the side port but you'd need to be careful as it's very easy to force it in the wrong way and destroy that port. Regarding the bottom port, as I said, it's really a matter of having the right cable. Hope this helps!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000