DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Samsung Tab S6 Lite - good with Mini2?

Kenh6468

Reactions
Has anyone used Samsung's Galaxy S6 Lite, 64 gb tablet to fly a Mini2, Please share your experience, both pro and con. Thanks.

I'm not sure if it works with the Fly app but if it does you won't have the use of the compass because the Samsung Galaxy S6 lite doesn't have a built in compass.

It should work, it has a 64-bit processor. But no compass and the screen will not be as bright as Galaxy S6.

I'm not sure if it works with the Fly app but if it does you won't have the use of the compass because the Samsung Galaxy S6 lite doesn't have a built in compass.
Does the Samsung Galaxy Tab A7 have a built in compass?

Does the Samsung Galaxy Tab A7 have a built in compass?
As far as I can see it does have a built in compass. I don't know if it would work with the Fly app as I haven't tested it. I know some on the forum have though. Maybe they can chime in on that. I just went with a used Asus Zenpad Z8s and everything works perfect for me with all functionality.

Most of the review sites list the 2020 release of the Tab A7 as having a compass.

My older Samsung Tab would not download the FlyApp at all.

So, went with a Lenovo M10 and it has worked pretty decent. Nice big screen, but in bright sunlight - like most any device - it is harder to see. Look at the specs for NITS and the higher the better. Mine is 330, which others have mentioned is somewhat low and a visor will help in that regard. Just another bulky add-on I prefer not to have, so I seek out a shady spot for the tablet and myself.

Only issue I seem to have with the FlyApp on the Lenovo is after a flight, if I swap batteries after closing down the RC, drone, and FlyApp - when I bring everything back up - no camera view on screen. Completely blank / dark. Thus having to reboot the tablet and getting FlyApp up and running - which seems to be fine. So, a simple remedy for me is once I land the drone, reboot the tablet, and by the time I'm ready to fly again, the tablet is up and refreshed - ready to fly.

If anyone has experienced same issues with other Android tablets - what did you do to fix the issue?

I have 3 galaxy tab s6 lite tablets for my drones( MM, Mini2 and MA2). The only issue, and not a problem for me since I maintain vlos, is that it doesn't have a compass. It has a nice big and bright screen. DJI Fly works like butter and having a larger built in storage plus the micro sd card slot makes storing and editing photos and videos easier. I'm actually waiting for them to go on sale again to pick up another for when the M3P is announced/ released.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shakes60