DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Samsung tablet?

JFMflyer

Reactions
Does anyone use a Galaxy Tab 6 Lite with the DJI Fly App? I am looking at Samsung tablets and this tablet is on the list at Phantom Help. I would just like to know if it is compatible and if you have had any issues with it? Thank you and have a great day.

Any other Samsung tablet suggestions are welcome too.

Reactions: creamand
I am using a Galaxy Tab S7 (not Plus). The Fly app with my M3 (v. 1.5.0) drone broke video transmission after 10 minutes of 4K video recording, but this bug disappeared with the update to v.1.5.1. The screen of the S7 is generally bright enough to use even in sunlight, at least if I can put myself between the Sun and the tablet. I'm afraid you'll need a sunshade for the S6 Lite for sunny days. Right now, I believe the S7 line is the most recent line of Samsung's tablets, but there are already leaked photos from the Tab S8 line. If you can wait a couple of months, you may get an S7 tablet for the price you'd be paying now for the S6. With my M2P, the Tab S7 is also compatible with DJI GO, Litchi and Dronelink.

Reactions: Defens and JFMflyer
Does anyone use a Galaxy Tab 6 Lite with the DJI Fly App? I am looking at Samsung tablets and this tablet is on the list at Phantom Help. I would just like to know if it is compatible and if you have had any issues with it? Thank you and have a great day.

i use a Samsung S7 tablet with my mini 2, works really well.

Reactions: Defens and JFMflyer
I am using a Galaxy Tab S7 (not Plus). The Fly app with my M3 (v. 1.5.0) drone broke video transmission after 10 minutes of 4K video recording, but this bug disappeared with the update to v.1.5.1. The screen of the S7 is generally bright enough to use even in sunlight, at least if I can put myself between the Sun and the tablet. I'm afraid you'll need a sunshade for the S6 Lite for sunny days. Right now, I believe the S7 line is the most recent line of Samsung's tablets, but there are already leaked photos from the Tab S8 line. If you can wait a couple of months, you may get an S7 tablet for the price you'd be paying now for the S6. With my M2P, the Tab S7 is also compatible with DJI GO, Litchi and Dronelink.
Hi, I also use s7 tab with no problems up to an update about a month ago. Hyperlapse Waypoints mode now only allows a duration of 2 seconds which is pretty useless. I contacted support, first answer was that s7 is not on the compatible list! They now say they have passed it up the line as it seems to be a more widespread problem with Android devices.

Reactions: JFMflyer

I'm using a galaxy A7 tab with no problems.

Reactions: JFMflyer
i use a Tab A 8.4 verizon. and it works perfectly
then i grabbed a tablet mount from drone valley which is metal and compact unlike some others

best buy has a flash sale on the tab s6 lite for $240 I think, it will be better than the A7.
Screen resolution and processing power is night and day better and the Fly app is resource hog
Oh, I like that one. Thank you for the information.

best buy has a flash sale on the tab s6 lite for $240 I think, it will be better than the A7.
Screen resolution and processing power is night and day better and the Fly app is resource hog
I ended up ordering this from Amazon for same price. I used gift cards and only had to pay $7.49. Thank you for the insight on this tablet. I appreciate it very much.

Reactions: diesel97

I just tested out the Galaxy Tab A7 Lite today, and it loaded the DJI Fly app just fine, and seemed to do everything it needs to do, giving me a nice big map of my area and the restricted area I'm near. So the GPS is working. Nice big screen, and the Fly app looks great.

20220427_170028[1].jpg
This was taken in the kitchen so it shows it's not connected to the aircraft.

I'm using a galaxy A7 tab with no problems.

I have the A7 also, same as you and @Toby 13 but the DJI FLY app crashes randomly. Sometimes it'll crash after just a couple minutes, sometimes it's after 20-30 minutes. I haven't figured out the cause, so I switched to Litchi and haven't had any issues. First time it happened I was a couple hundred yards away and it scared the crap out of me. 😂 Luckily, I was able to reopen the app and it reconnected with no issues.

I have the A7 also, same as you and @Toby 13 but the DJI FLY app crashes randomly. Sometimes it'll crash after just a couple minutes, sometimes it's after 20-30 minutes. I haven't figured out the cause, so I switched to Litchi and haven't had any issues. First time it happened I was a couple hundred yards away and it scared the crap out of me. 😂 Luckily, I was able to reopen the app and it reconnected with no issues.
Weird I've had absolutely no problems. Flew out 3 batteries the other day fine.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fast54