DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Samsung Tablets-Do they work with MAVIC

Mr. Moe

Reactions
I will be ordering my drone in 3 days. and I have an old Samsung Note 10.1 (2014 ed) Tablet . I clicked on the link (saw in someones signature)of tablets that were good to use with the Mavic and all I saw were Ipads. Has anyone tried or know if a Samsung Tablet will work with the Mavic and if a 10" tablet is too big?

Thanks in advance

Reactions: Rev Curtis
I clicked on the link (saw in someones signature)of tablets that were good to use with the Mavic and all I saw were Ipads.
Do you mean this link? If so, scroll down and you'll find the Android tablets.

Reactions: Mr. Moe
There are a lot of devices that work yet are not listed. Since you are getting a Mavic anyway, plug in whatever you have to see if it works. You should search the forum for your device as you might not only find it works but the best settings to use.

There are a lot of devices that work yet are not listed. Since you are getting a Mavic anyway, plug in whatever you have to see if it works. You should search the forum for your device as you might not only find it works but the best settings to use.

Thanks. I been searching and came across the Nvidia Shield Z1 talks. I may look into getting that one, not too big and not too small. Along with the Mavmount I may have a good combo?

Is a 10 inch tablet too big?
It can make your controller heavy and unbalanced and this has to be weighed against the ease of use of a large screen. Depending on the mount it may obscure the built in controller display, but all the information needed can also be seen on the App.
I use an ipad mini4 fits the holder without a separate mount, I have tried other mounts, but it feels best with the controller mount, and I use a short cable.
Good luck

Reactions: Mr. Moe
I have a Note 3 and a Samsung Tab Pro. Older devices but they both have worked flawlessly. Although both of these are not considered supported on the DJI site, it has worked. I did purchase an iPad Mini 4 and a Huwei XT2 Ascend (Wunderphone) just to play it safer.

I have a Samsung Galaxy tab 4. The first flight with the Mavic the video lag was almost 3 to 4 seconds at 100 to 150 yards out. I have found that transmitting in 4K the tablet just cant keep up but dropping it down to 1080p it works great. I have looked into the Nvidia Shield but its been discontinued and would not trust anything used due to battery performance issues. I would like the HDMI out to do PFV with out having to shell out the 700.00 for the
Epson Moverio BT-300FPV Smart Glasses so if anyone out here knows of a newer tablet with the HDMI output that can handle the Go4 app I would also be greatly appreciative.

Reactions: Kbredtr6
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jack_0851