DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

SanDisk Compatibility Issues

JustPJ

Reactions
Greetings,

I've been reading this forum for a few weeks now since picking up my Mavic Air. Fantastic forum- a lot of you guys (and ladies) are very helpful here. For what it's worth, thank you- even from many of us who just read, absorb, but don't post.

Anyway, my first post here.

I've had a SanDisk Extreme Pro MicroSD XC II U3 card (128 GB, in my Sony camera for about a year. Fantastic card, never an issue with it. Once I picked up the Mavic Air, and inserted the card into it- the card is not recognized (the Mavic behaves as is no card is inserted- and displays only internal storage). Basically, the card it seems, isn't recognized. I asked about this and was informed the Sony FDRX3000 camera is the culprit- Sony formats it into it's own format, which renders it useless in the Mavic.

Ok, no issues there. I bought a second card for the Mavic, and took a screen shot of the recommended/supported cards from the DJI website to the shop to ensure I'd get the right card. I'm confident I did get the right card:

SanDisk Extreme MicroSDXC UHS-I A1 V30

Inserted the card into the Mavic and... sadly, once again- card is not detected. I'm at a loss here. Am I doing something wrong?

Needless to say the card is inserted properly (yes, the pleasant task of inserting/removing SD cards from the Mavic (brutal engineering on that part...) was carried out a few times to ensure it's properly locked in).

Formatting a card that isn't recognized as being there, isn't an option, obviously. Returning a card- now that it's opened isn't an option either.

Any tips?

Try formatting the card on your PC first, before inserting it into the Air? At the same time, confirm the card is detected on the PC.

I just bought a MA last Friday & a 64Gb Sandisk Extreme U3 card. Had no problem whatsoever with that combo.
Inserted it directly into the MA & formatted it in there.

Reactions: JustPJ
Morale of the story: most issues (as noted by reading these forums) really do come down to 'pilot error' in one way or another.

I played around with the settings a little more after posting this thread. I did find an option to format SD card- engaged it, and... lo and behold- card was formatted and subsequently recognized. Thus, the 'card not recognized' icon I saw, I suppose, meant "card not formatted". I wish that had been more clear, but- long story short... chalk this one up to another instance of pilot error. The unit in this case, operated as it was intended to. I was the issue here, not the Mavic. :)

Reactions: MavicCF
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rapidair