DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

SanDisk Extreme Plus; what's A1 or A2 mean, and XC 1 or HC 1?

Reactions
I've gotta get another card for a trip. I have a 32Gb that shows A1 and HC 1. I see a 64GB card, on sale, that shows A2 and XC 1. I'll post the images. Wondering what those specs refer to. thanks

Attachments

• A1.png
    A1.png
    95.4 KB · Views: 41
  • A2.png
    A2.png
    91.3 KB · Views: 40
Thanks Kilrah....that helps a little, but there's no reference to that A1/A2. I *did* find that the specs on the 64GB card are better for read/write speeds. 170/90 vs the 32GB; 95/90. Additionally, the XC cards are better than HC. All indications seem to point at the 64GB card being much faster. However, the best buy site says the 32 is perfect for 4K video, and there's no mention of that for the 64. I'm hoping that's just advertising jargon, and the 4K statement would also apply to the 64.

I have a 32Gb that shows A1 and HC 1. I see a 64GB card, on sale, that shows A2 and XC 1.

I think you'll find that the '1' next to 'HC' and 'XC' are actually separate codes. The acronyms should be read as the SDHC and SDXC grouped together on the left. The '1' (or actually 'I') on the right is the short code for a speed class. Specifically a UHS bus speed; higher = faster.

As I understand it, A1 and A2 are speed codes for when these cards are used by multiple apps (e.g. in smartphones). Minimum sequential write speeds are the same, but A2 should perform better if there are many apps are accessing it. This might not be that important for Mavics.

Reactions: mereflyer and Topo
Thanks Vimana...after studying all the various specs, I ordered the 64 from best buy @ $24. The most significant thing was the read/write comparison. 32GB-95/90, and the 64 - 170/90. My MA should be happy with that for 4K 30.

I think you'll find that the '1' next to 'HC' and 'XC' are actually separate codes. The acronyms should be read as the SDHC and SDXC grouped together on the left. The '1' (or actually 'I') on the right is the short code for a speed class. Specifically a UHS bus speed; higher = faster.

As I understand it, A1 and A2 are speed codes for when these cards are used by multiple apps (e.g. in smartphones). Minimum sequential write speeds are the same, but A2 should perform better if there are many apps are accessing it. This might not be that important for Mavics.

Thanks Kilrah....that helps a little, but there's no reference to that A1/A2
A1/A2 are supposed to reflect how well the card will perform to run apps from in an Android phone. Aka not at all the same kind of scenario as a camera.

I've gotta get another card for a trip. I have a 32Gb that shows A1 and HC 1. I see a 64GB card, on sale, that shows A2 and XC 1. I'll post the images. Wondering what those specs refer to. thanks
a1&a2 are speed i use both with no problems on my mpp and ph4p2.0 along with my goggles

Buy your sandisk cards off amazon. They have great prices and almost always beat Best Buy

I read several posts about micro sd cards and i will buy a 256Gb Sandisk Extreme Pro SDXC U3 V30. I think that is the best for shooting either photos and 4K videos.

Read the reviews on Amazon, lots of "fake" cards that are no where near the performance indicated.
Also look at what you get as it may not be what the ad says. Just sayin'

I don't link SanDisk I prefer Samsung from Amazon the SanDisk seem to be confusing on their model numbers and sometimes they are counterfeits. The Samsung are less expensive than SanDisk also and preform just as good if not better.

Opinions are opinions, I respect that.
I will buy SanDisk from Amazon and let you know from my own experience.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
J S