DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

SanDisk or PNY for storage...?

hayc59

Reactions
I have two micro SD cards 2 GIG of each is any of them better,than the other
My main one is 128 GIG SanDisk for Mavic Air 2

2 gig is not large enough to store anything worthwhile ,and you dont say what make or class of card they are

Reactions: sikspy and hayc59
My main one for the drone is SanDisk Extreme 128 GIG
** see image

Attachments

• san.jpg
    san.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 15
There are two figures to look for:

A. The 3 inside the U. This means 30 megabytes/second write speed.
B V30. This also means 30 megabytes/second write speed.

A good card will have one or both of these markings.

This Danish fellow posts really useful tech videos.

Three things.
1. Speed. The fastest cards on the market have the U3 / V30 tags. DJI docs recommend you get these, though even for 4K theoretically the circled 10 should be fast enough.
2. Brand. SanDisk have one of the best reputations. I've used a lot of their cards over the years and had one failure (possibly faulty card/ possibly environmental); because of this there are some counterfeit San disk cards - buy from someone reputable (not everyone with a storefront on Amazon is !) .
3. Capacity. You pay a premium for very large or for small capacity cards. 64GB seems to be the sweet spot at the moment. A very large card, not backed up, is a great way to lose a lot of material in a single event. Yes, we all know that it's common sense to copy everything off the the card as soon as possible, but we don't always do it.

Reactions: pelagic_one
I cannot speak of experience for drones, but i have more than 10 years shooting behind me, and i stick to one mark & type : Sandisk Extreme Pro (same as K9kids above). They might be a bit expensive, but i NEVER had any of my cards or mini cards which failed, and the "pro" is really worth it in terms of data transfer speed. I use them in my D750, Osmo Pocket and now MA2. They're strongly recommanded in the photography domain (almost every pro website advice using them). If for any reason not Sandisk, Lexar are supposed to be the alternative.

Three things.
1. Speed. The fastest cards on the market have the U3 / V30 tags. DJI docs recommend you get these, though even for 4K theoretically the circled 10 should be fast enough.
2. Brand. SanDisk have one of the best reputations. I've used a lot of their cards over the years and had one failure (possibly faulty card/ possibly environmental); because of this there are some counterfeit San disk cards - buy from someone reputable (not everyone with a storefront on Amazon is !) .
3. Capacity. You pay a premium for very large or for small capacity cards. 64GB seems to be the sweet spot at the moment. A very large card, not backed up, is a great way to lose a lot of material in a single event. Yes, we all know that it's common sense to copy everything off the the card as soon as possible, but we don't always do it.
A 2 TB Seagate external drive is a good backup unit. Price over 1 TB is not much more.

A 2 TB Seagate external drive is a good backup unit. Price over 1 TB is not much more.

I just got a 4TB Western Digital drive. Mainly for videos.

I caught the 10TB Western Digital on sale at Best Buy for under $200. It's not an SSD (transfer speed is not that fast) but it allows me to have plenty of room for backups of my other SSD drives.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
valter123