DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Satellite image of map not showing

Rchawks

Reactions
I set up to fly tonight and the map function on the ipad display did not show the typical satellite map view even after using the side bars to try to change the display. All I could get was a green background with the orientation arrow which I noticed was not accurate. It was off by at least 170 degrees. Can I expect that recalibration of the axis will fix the orientation issue? What about the map view. Is this an intermittent problem?

I set up to fly tonight and the map function on the ipad display did not show the typical satellite map view even after using the side bars to try to change the display. All I could get was a green background with the orientation arrow which I noticed was not accurate. It was off by at least 170 degrees. Can I expect that recalibration of the axis will fix the orientation issue? What about the map view. Is this an intermittent problem?
The magnetic field that's part of your controller is affecting the compass in your tablet.

So, I set everything up in the living room and all functions back to normal, no calibration necessary. Yesterday I first used my iphone for display and later switched to the iPad, maybe that's where the glitch showed up.
All good.

Yesterday I first used my iphone for display and later switched to the iPad, maybe that's where the glitch showed up.
The phone and iPad compass sensors would be different distances from the magnetic parts of the controller, so affected differently.

Reactions: Rchawks

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BRUNO.CARDOSO