DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 2 Saturday sunset & sunday walk - does the ice floe resemble you something? I thought about a continent...

The film was a bit long and repetitive. Nice scenes but you dwelled too long on each shot. Some scenes a bit underexposed. Nice music selection. After about 3:50 I turned it off. No need to show the same scene more than once (the ice floe).

Although a little too repetitive making it unnecessarily long, there were some very neat sections. I especially liked the long shadows of the people feeding the geese and the couple walking over the bridge. In my opinion, this could be an excellent video with significant editing. I used to tell my student teachers “the more you talk, the less they listen”. The same goes here if you get my drift.

Last edited:
Reactions: radosnypstrykacz
The film was a bit long and repetitive. Nice scenes but you dwelled too long on each shot. Some scenes a bit underexposed. Nice music selection. After about 3:50 I turned it off. No need to show the same scene more than once (the ice floe).
thank you for watching and caring enough to leave your feedback - appreciate it :) I'm trying to make longer videos as I gain experience so that will be the first thing that I will try to improve, which is to get more good footage so I don't have to repeat the scenes and just choose the best material that I have from a particular scene. As for underexposure, which scenes you think I underexposed? I try to learn how to correctly use ND filters and I think there's a lot for me to learn it that field.

Since you seem sincerely interested in improvement (that’s a compliment)...If you want to increase the length of your videos without losing your viewers, get your subjects from several different perspectives and focal lengths. For example, you could have included a couple clips of the people feeding the geese from their perspective and also a closeup of the geese, both done on a cellphone if necessary. Same thing with the people crossing the bridge etc. etc. Best wishes.

Since you seem sincerely interested in improvement (that’s a compliment)...If you want to increase the length of your videos without losing your viewers, get your subjects from several different perspectives and focal lengths. For example, you could have included a couple clips of the people feeding the geese from their perspective and also a closeup of the geese, both done on a cellphone if necessary. Same thing with the people crossing the bridge etc. etc. Best wishes.
Sorry I didn't have an opportunity to answer your first comment yet :) So about that first one I have to agree 100% - I admit that I went for video length on this one. But I'm glad I did, it is a nice lesson for me. I will see if I will find an opportunity to make a short version of it.

About the second one: that's a good tip, I will definitely remember it next time I go flying. I also do a little bit of film photography, so I tried to incorporate drone footage (from my old reliable Sparky back then) and some analog photos, what do you think about that? Aside from the format difference (I know it doesn't look that good), you like the idea? Here's the link to the video:
.I would be hesitant to use footage from my phone because I like the 4K 60 fps quality and I don't want it to be interrupted with a handheld footage with a different quality.

Thanks again for the tips, if you will keep checking my videos out you will definitely see the improvment!

I especially liked the first shot following the big chunk of ice floating down the river. Did you do that manually or with object tracking? Either way, good job. By the by, that chunk of ice looked like South America reversed!

I especially liked the first shot following the big chunk of ice floating down the river. Did you do that manually or with object tracking? Either way, good job. By the by, that chunk of ice looked like South America reversed!
All manual controls, I tried to keep it in the center so it looked like the only moving part was the land to the left - could be a little bit better but I was happy with the result. South America reversed - I thought so too :)

thank you for watching and caring enough to leave your feedback - appreciate it :) I'm trying to make longer videos as I gain experience so that will be the first thing that I will try to improve, which is to get more good footage so I don't have to repeat the scenes and just choose the best material that I have from a particular scene. As for underexposure, which scenes you think I underexposed? I try to learn how to correctly use ND filters and I think there's a lot for me to learn it that field.
I think most will tell you that 3min's is about the limit people will watch. I would concentrate on really food 3 min videos

I think most will tell you that 3min's is about the limit people will watch. I would concentrate on really food 3 min videos
I think if you have really really good video, people would watch a lil' bit longer. But if not, I think your estimation is about right ;) so just have to work on the quality first, then go to the quantity I guess.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
petravka