DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Save my flight so I can fly the exact same one in the future

Reactions
I am flying some ranches where a pipeline is being installed. Is there a way to save my exact flight when I take the before video so I can follow that same path when I do the during and after flights at a later date? I have Litchi but don't see that as an option. Any help would be appreciated.

But I don't know the route until I fly it, I will be following stakes across the property, through the woods, etc., so I don't know the route to set up way points. I need to leave a trail of crumbs to follow at a future date.

Use the Litchi "Cable Cam" feature to set waypoints and framing. Read about it in the Litchi Help section under Waypoints. It will do exactly what you want.

For even more control and fexibility Dronelink offers the same ability under its On the Fly function.

Reactions: pelagic_one
DJI go 4 can record waypoints during the flight, this will record position , height and camera angle, you can then save this out as a mission.

Use the Litchi "Cable Cam" feature to set waypoints and framing. Read about it in the Litchi Help section under Waypoints. It will do exactly what you want.

For even more control and fexibility Dronelink offers the same ability under its On the Fly function.

One advantage the 3rd party solutions (mentioned above) have over G04 is that the created and saved missions can then be opened on their web programs to be shared, reviewed and modified.

lichi you can record a mission without connecting to the aircraft. this is an advantage. the thing you have to be carful of is that it uses online maps , that may or may not be upto date.
with the dji go 4 software you can fly the aircraft set the position of the aircraft and camera then record it until you reach the last point , then save the mission . I like litchi and im sure you can do the samething. dji go 4 will record your mission if you get any problems , dji can analyse the data , im not sure if litchi can be analysed.

But I don't know the route until I fly it, I will be following stakes across the property, through the woods, etc., so I don't know the route to set up way points. I need to leave a trail of crumbs to follow at a future date.
  • do not care about waypoints at firsthand; Just fly with your AC identifying the stakes across the property. Your AC creates automatically a logfile that contains coordinates.
  • these coordinates can be used to create a .KML path with the help of 3rd party tools or websites such as Airdata.com
  • retrieve this .KML to your PC/Mac.
  • make adjustments, if necessary, in Google Earth Pro.
  • Import that .KML into your preferred waypoint app like DJI GSPro, DJI Pilot, Dronelink, or whatever app that lets you load .KML files. In this step make your required camera settings (shoot images or take a video, adjust gimbal angle and so forth)
  • In the field, fly your path as many times as you want.
When I am doing such inspections or documentation I record video only with gimbal pointing down at around -25° and the aircraft/camera is pointing along the flight path.

Screenshot:
Doc_channel_pipeline.png

just look into the feature of both apps that allows you to fly and record the mission, you will only have to do this once. its the safer way than planning the route . unless your drone is fitted with obstacle avoidance sensors.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Schmidteh121