DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Save to SD card and not to phone memory

tnatna

Reactions
Hello everyone,
Is it possible to save directly to memory card rather than to phone memory. Indeed, the memory of the phone is very quickly full with the size of the videos. But DJI Fly does not offer an option to record directly to the SD Card. Thanks in advance for your advice.

Is your SD card in the drone being recognised by DJI Fly ?

Thank you for your quick answer.
Yes the SD Card in the drone is recognized and used. No pb here.

The issue is in the phone : the records (cache) are in the internal memory of the phone instead of "external" memory in a SD Card in a slot of the phone. No option in the DJI Fly apk :-(

The issue is in the phone : the records (cache) are in the internal memory of the phone instead of "external" memory in a SD Card in a slot of the phone. No option in the DJI Fly apk :-(

I may be corrected on this but I think the photos download as a cache file into your phone only if you view them on the phone while connected. I generally take the micro sd card from the drone and transfer the files to my iPad via a gizmo I bought on Amazon for about $25.

Ah, but rereading your post and I see you're asking if you can save the cache files directly to the card on the phone. My bad. As you were...

Reactions: hiflyer201

Yes, you cannot save video and photo files directly to the phone's SD card, there is no option to do this.
All you can do is download it from the drone and manually move the photos to the phone's SD card

Mine goes straight to the Google photos app on my phone therefore not using phones memory.
Hope this is of help to you

Reactions: hiflyer201
Thanks for info even the sad one.
How do you manage directly to Google photos because that's a solution: actually I don't want to use the memory of the phone any time (if full, DJI Fly breaks and looses control...)

Thanks for info even the sad one.
How do you manage directly to Google photos because that's a solution: actually I don't want to use the memory of the phone any time (if full, DJI Fly breaks and looses control...)

On my DJI Fly, the photos saved to the phone memory are the cached versions and I have to manually select the full versions to be downloaded to the phone from the drones SD card.
The cache photos are quite small so they don't take up any room.
Your phone memory must already be filled with other apps and photos directly taken with the phone ?

On my DJI Fly, the photos saved to the phone memory are the cached versions and I have to manually select the full versions to be downloaded to the phone from the drones SD card.
The cache photos are quite small so they don't take up any room.
Your phone memory must already be filled with other apps and photos directly taken with the phone ?

I can confirm that my phone is well used with other apps (maps, tracks, mails)...:rolleyes: its internal memory is already widely filled. With 4K cache movies, the little that is left fills up fast! As an auxiliary memory inside, I have a 128 GB, it would have been nice to direct the cache directly to this 128 GB SD Card. You cannot even install DJI Fly on the "auxiliary" memory like some other applications.:mad:

Which phone do you use?

On my Android Samsung Note 9 i can move the app to my SD card in the app settings

Screenshot_20200820-131901_Settings.png

The content is then still seen within internal memory but its really stored on the SD card

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
motiongraphics50