DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Saving cached files to a new micro sd card Mavic 2 pro

mike magee

Reactions
Really dumb question, but I couldn't locate an answer.

The Micro SD card is I had in the M2P is hosed an non-recoverable. The files I need are still cached and can be viwed in the controller.

Is there someplace that explains how to copy these files to a new/good micro sd card that I've just inserted?

Thanks in advance for any guidance.

Is there someplace that explains how to copy these files to a new/good micro sd card that I've just inserted?
There's no need to copy any files to the microSD card in your drone.
If it's something you want to keep, keep it on your computer where it's safe.

Really dumb question, but I couldn't locate an answer.

The Micro SD card is I had in the M2P is hosed an non-recoverable. The files I need are still cached and can be viwed in the controller.

Thanks in advance for any guidance.

I’m pretty sure you can plug your m2p into the computer and transfer the files that way.

yes you can connect the AC to computer via the usb usb-c cable that came with the AC

There could be some cache files in your controler too, in the right place you can transfer them to the card in the controller to get them, if you need more detail on that I will need to fire mine up to refresh my memory.

Reactions: LenoraW
There could be some cache files in your controler too, in the right place you can transfer them to the card in the controller to get them, if you need more detail on that I will need to fire mine up to refresh my memory.
How do I cache files to my SD Card while the card is still in the drone

How do I cache files to my SD Card while the card is still in the drone
Cache files are only in the rc, anytime you are recording or taking pics they are original files on the sd card in the drone, or maybe some on the internal storage so maybe can transfer them to a new card. The cache files are a low quality compared to the ones on the drone but may be better than not having them at all. With both the rc and the drone on you can go into the viewing of the pics, then into edit then select all then you should have the option to move to sd card, should work for files on the drone too but not sure. A little playing around and you should be able to get all files onto the cards if there is any on the internal storage on drone and on the rc, hope some of this makes sense and helps.

Last edited:
Cache files will always be on the mobile device you used to fly with, assuming you have cache enabled. If you have an SD card mounted on your mobile device, you can select to have the cache files go there instead of your mobile internal storage.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Schmidteh121