DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Saving footage to SD card

simihamilton

Reactions
Hi, I’m a new Mavic 2 Pro owner and I can’t get my footage to save on to my SD card (using the Smart Controller). Photos save directly to the SD card but footage does not. When I enter settings in film mode, “Save to SD card” just says N/A and I can’t select that option. The only option is to save it to internal storage. Any help with this issue would be much appreciated!

Reactions: Dronage
Moved this to the smart controller section.
Welcome to Mavic Pilots .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching . Thumbswayup

Welcome to the forum from the deserts of Arizona! Enjoy.
Have you tried saving photos and vids to an SD card on the drone? That’s what I do.

Two questions, what is the SD card you are using? M2 Pro will put a notice on main screen of SC telling you current card is not recommended. I have not seen it refuse to write.

Have you "reset" the camera from DJIGO4? on the SC?

Only things I can think of besides playing with the video settings, and see if for some reason one is giving you an issue.

Might try clearing the Video cache on the controller, I realize that has nothing to do with the SD card, but anything is possible. I have my Video cache set to 2GB max. See how much space you have on the SC, you should have a total of 11 GB of ram, and about 4.5 or so used with the basic load, no extra apps.

Paul C

Reactions: ZX14-R
Two questions, what is the SD card you are using? M2 Pro will put a notice on main screen of SC telling you current card is not recommended. I have not seen it refuse to write.

Have you "reset" the camera from DJIGO4? on the SC?

Only things I can think of besides playing with the video settings, and see if for some reason one is giving you an issue.

Might try clearing the Video cache on the controller, I realize that has nothing to do with the SD card, but anything is possible. I have my Video cache set to 2GB max. See how much space you have on the SC, you should have a total of 11 GB of ram, and about 4.5 or so used with the basic load, no extra apps.

Paul C
Card I am using is a 128GB SanDisk that I bought with the MP2 and SC so it should be compatible and there should definitely be enough space. Maybe it’s corrupted but it’s weird that photos would save and videos wouldn’t

Reactions: Coltfly1
Card I am using is a 128GB SanDisk that I bought with the MP2 and SC so it should be compatible and there should definitely be enough space. Maybe it’s corrupted but it’s weird that photos would save and videos wouldn’t
I’ll try clearing the cache and also resetting the SM. Thanks Paul.

If all else fails, you might refresh the drone firmware, and re-install DJIgo4. Not sure how you do that on the SC however, (delete and reinstall DJIGO4). I have so far only updated DJIGO4 on the SC.

Paul C

Hi, I’m a new Mavic 2 Pro owner and I can’t get my footage to save on to my SD card (using the Smart Controller). Photos save directly to the SD card but footage does not. When I enter settings in film mode, “Save to SD card” just says N/A and I can’t select that option. The only option is to save it to internal storage. Any help with this issue would be much appreciated!
It might not be possible to "transmit" the video signal fast enough for it to get to the SC and then to write VIDEO data to the controller's card. For instance, when I video a scene and then use the Preview/Review Icon (under that Camera Settings Icon along the right side), You can copy or transfer videos and photos from the drone to the SC (or other device and regular controller) by pressing the little "bucket" icon. If I do that for photos, they transfer very fast. If I try that for videos, the transfer can take 5, 6 or more minutes. So picture trying to live capture that video filmed on the drone but then transmitted via radio in real time. BUT I might be guessing.

But you can store stuff on an sd-card in the drone in case the internal storage is not large enough. Then as suggested above, copy/transfer to the SC's card or connect the drone via cable to computer and transfer that way or move the card from the drone to computer or SC for viewing.

Reactions: dannybgoode
I may have misread your post. Are you trying to copy video to the SD card in the SC? from the SD card in your drone? or trying to get video footage to save to the SD card in the drone.

Sorry if I misunderstood.

Any video on the sc is going to be in the cache video form as far as I know, you can go into photos and then to edit. Select all then will give the option to move to the sd card. It is hard to find them on the card when you put it in your computer, but they will be there. Just went into mine, click on dji file then dji.go.v4 then album, and I think dji_record too, but I already deleted mine so not sure. If you have record audio on it will be with the cached videos. Hope some of this helps

So what exactly does record to the SD on the SmartController? Plus when I format the SD card from the Controller it formats the card on the a/c but where is the option for the controller card?

You can screen record each flight so the video feed from the drone together with the HUD appears on the recorded footage.

Useful for reviewing flights later and also for producing things like YouTube vids where you want to show the actual drone footage as well as what was showing on the controller screen.

Also useful as a backup should the drone go down. You at least gage some footage to a) help determine what went wrong and b) find the downed bird.

Reactions: globetrotterdrone
So what exactly does record to the SD on the SmartController? Plus when I format the SD card from the Controller it formats the card on the a/c but where is the option for the controller card?
If you are using your sd card as your main storage on the sc you do not want to format or you will lose all your flight data and anything else the sc puts on it. It can be formatted but I strongly recamend not doing it. If you put your card into a computer you can find any cache d pics and vids to transfer then you can delete them to save space, hard to find the first time but they are there.

If you are using your sd card as your main storage on the sc you do not want to format or you will lose all your flight data and anything else the sc puts on it. It can be formatted but I strongly recamend not doing it. If you put your card into a computer you can find any cache d pics and vids to transfer then you can delete them to save space, hard to find the first time but they are there.
Thanks, I had forgotten about flight telemetry, which I agree does not want deleting.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Opus3