Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

SC cannot see iPhone running as a hotspot

FlyGary

Reactions
First of all I blame myself.
1. The job site was outside of the DJI No Fly zone by 1/4 mile
2. I left my hotspot puck at home.

Got on site and the Mavic connected to the SC would not take off unless I got an unlock code which required an Internet connection. The SC could not see my iPhone running as a hotspot for internet sharing. I switched over to the standard controller with a CrystalSky display and it had no problem seeing and using the iPhone hotspot.

Anyone else seeing this? And I did try all the usual reboots of the devices.

This is on the latest release of the SC firmware. I suspect this is from the iPhone 11MAX only using the 5 band and not 2.4. Doesn't appear to be a way to restrict it to 2.4. Next time, just bring the puck.

Gary

Last edited:
First of all I blame myself.
1. The job site was outside of the DJI No Fly zone by 1/4 mile
2. I left my hotspot puck at home.

Got on site and the Mavic connected to the SC would not take off unless I got an unlock code which required an Internet connection. The SC could not see my iPhone running as a hotspot for internet sharing. I switched over to the standard controller with a CrystalSky display and it had no problem seeing and using the iPhone hotspot.

Anyone else seeing this? And I did try all the usual reboots of the devices.

This is on the latest release of the SC firmware. I suspect this is from the iPhone 11MAX only using the 5 band and not 2.4. Doesn't appear to be a way to restrict it to 2.4. Next time, just bring the puck.

Gary

I have an iPhone X and have terrible issues with the SC connecting on wifi ... even once I get the connection, it usually disconnects pretty fast.

But same thing with my car, my car can connect to the hotspot on the iPhone either by Wifi or Bluetooth. Wifi is also erratic, but Bluetooth is rock-solid ...

Unfortunately I haven't found a way to do internet connectivity via Bluetooth with the SC and iPhone.

David

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
testtest