DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

SC: upgrade DJI GO 4 now, or wait for firmware update?

freelance

Reactions
I updated a new SC to the latest firmware (version 01.00.0530) a couple of weeks ago, and that installed DJI Go 4 version 4.3.16. The Apple app store shows three newer bug fix versions (4.3.17, 4.3.18, 4.3.20). Should I update to 4.3.20 now, or wait for the next firmware update? I've had no problems, so am content to wait unless there are some important bug fixes.

If it is recommended to update, how is that done? I have no knowledge of Android so need explicit instructions. I've read other threads and videos about adding apps, but they all seem to say "here is a work around" or "first 'root' your device, then ..." Is their an officially approved way to update/add SC apps?

Reactions: M2Pro
The version of GO 4 for the SC is a special variant of GO...and Android, so you can’t update it from the Apple App store.

The only approved way to update it is thru DJI Assistant 2.

The version of GO 4 for the SC is a special variant of GO...and Android, so you can’t update it from the Apple App store.

The only approved way to update it is thru DJI Assistant 2.

Thanks, I did try DJI Assistant 2, and that only supports firmware updates, not individual apps. So if that is only approved way, that says wait for next firmware (which makes sense since as you point out it is a special version of DJI GO 4, not the ones on the Android or Apple app stores.

I read something on this forum that with SC the DJIGO4 app only upgrades firmware update. Both pieces of software update at the same time. And based on the update process I have seen on CS so far it a much more involved process requiring multiple reboots. Thus the reason DJI wants folks not to try to use a WiFi connection. Both due to size of download and possibly of a disconnect. The version of DJIGO4 on the SC uniquely designed for the controller just like the version on Crystal Sky. DJI tends to update these unique versions much slower than stock Android version.

Thus is different than the crystal sky which allows for a separate firmware and DJIGO4 update. With the crystal sky you go to the “me” selection and then you can check for updates for DJIGO4

I have looked for a similar “me” selection on SC for a DJIGO4 update only but have not found one.

Firmware is under a separate setting selection.

Paul C

I updated a new SC to the latest firmware (version 01.00.0530) a couple of weeks ago, and that installed DJI Go 4 version 4.3.16. The Apple app store shows three newer bug fix versions (4.3.17, 4.3.18, 4.3.20). Should I update to 4.3.20 now, or wait for the next firmware update? I've had no problems, so am content to wait unless there are some important bug fixes.

If it is recommended to update, how is that done? I have no knowledge of Android so need explicit instructions. I've read other threads and videos about adding apps, but they all seem to say "here is a work around" or "first 'root' your device, then ..." Is their an officially approved way to update/add SC apps?
I used Assistant 2 for Mavic......flawless update for the M2Pro

My sense is that the SC will update itself to the latest appropriate Go4App (it checks every time you open Go 4). I don’t think Assistant is necessary for the App, just occasionally for the firmware. Otherwise it automatically updates when opening.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gadget61