DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Scholarships for Pilot Institute Part 107 Commercial Drone License Course

DominicMX

Premium Pilot
Reactions
I was curious if there was any scholarship programs out there for the Pilot Institute Part 107 course!!
I want to get certified, so I can add it to my resume, but I have been out of work for so long, and I cant click "buy"
I am hoping to get a job using my drone!!
Thanks,
Dominic

Maybe one of our trainers here could look after a fellow forum member.
If you were downunder Id be happy to help out.

I like this idea. I've been taking care of an elderly person 24/7 for about 8-9 years now and I don't get paid. I would just love to have my part 107 so at least when I did go out to fly I could actually be able to sell my videos or photos for extra money.

Last edited:
There is a free YouTube study guide that will walk you through a practice test. It is not as complete as using Pilot Institute but several folks on this site have used it to successfully pass the 107 test.

I can say for sure, that Gregs Course is an amazing course. I payed for it and was glad I did. Last year he had a summer half off sale and that made me jump on it.

The great thing about it is once you pay for it you have Lifetime access to the course. For instance with the big changes this year the course changed to cover night flights and flying over people, remote ID. With the lifetime course access you can go back and watch the updates. He also will tell you if you are going back through for the Recurrent test what sections you need and what ones the skip.

He does a great job of trying to make some of the dry and boring stuff more exciting, but he warns you when it is coming so you can decide if it is time to take a break and come back or not. I finished the course with 1 day before my test scheduled and took that day off. Went in and missed 1 question. Sent my sheet to greg and got a free t-shirt.

I do not have any financial interest is Pilot Institute, I payed for the course and would have gladly paid full price in hind sight, and I do not like to spend a lot of money! Maybe I will watch the youtube course and do a comparison video between the 2.

Dave

I can say for sure, that Gregs Course is an amazing course. I payed for it and was glad I did. Last year he had a summer half off sale and that made me jump on it.

The great thing about it is once you pay for it you have Lifetime access to the course. For instance with the big changes this year the course changed to cover night flights and flying over people, remote ID. With the lifetime course access you can go back and watch the updates. He also will tell you if you are going back through for the Recurrent test what sections you need and what ones the skip.

He does a great job of trying to make some of the dry and boring stuff more exciting, but he warns you when it is coming so you can decide if it is time to take a break and come back or not. I finished the course with 1 day before my test scheduled and took that day off. Went in and missed 1 question. Sent my sheet to greg and got a free t-shirt.

I do not have any financial interest is Pilot Institute, I payed for the course and would have gladly paid full price in hind sight, and I do not like to spend a lot of money! Maybe I will watch theutute youtube course and do a comparison video between the 2.

Dave
I'm not downplaying the value of the Pilot Institute course at all.... just providing another avenue for someone who might not be able to afford it.

In my humble opinion if someone wants a scholarship, they should think about making the request privately. Greg makes his living selling a course that he invested untold time and money in producing so giving it away publicly is probably not in his best interest. There are certainly folks that deserve a free leg up because of their situation but a quiet approach might bear more fruit with any of the companies that sell a course like this one.

There is a free YouTube study guide that will walk you through a practice test. It is not as complete as using Pilot Institute but several folks on this site have used it to successfully pass the 107 test.

I will absolutely be watching this, thank you!

I do not have any financial interest is Pilot Institute, I payed for the course and would have gladly paid full price in hind sight, and I do not like to spend a lot of money! Maybe I will watch the youtube course and do a comparison video between the 2.

Dave
Thank you! This is exactly why this course would be so beneficial, the fact that it's lifetime access and updates with new regulations.

I'm not downplaying the value of the Pilot Institute course at all.... just providing another avenue for someone who might not be able to afford it.

In my humble opinion if someone wants a scholarship, they should think about making the request privately. Greg makes his living selling a course that he invested untold time and money in producing so giving it away publicly is probably not in his best interest. There are certainly folks that deserve a free leg up because of their situation but a quiet approach might bear more fruit with any of the companies that sell a course like this one.
I completely understand, I don't want anyone to undermine their business plan. I was just wondering about any info about this. I agree about asking for help or info privately!!
Again thank you for posting info on the free course! I will be checking it out for sure!!

Reactions: JoeyThePilot56
Im wondering if the ownersof this site could offer an application to sponsor someone once a year. Members could contribute ti the cost?

All the materials for study can be found on the FAA.gov site or links to other government sites that have the free material.
Indeed, but having a good study/guide course is the whole point. Studying the FAA site blindly probably won't help anyone much. At least these courses actually guide you through with a structured plan and have been proven to help with a high success rate.

Last edited:
Just wanted to let the thread know, I got a new job and was able to purchase the Pilot Institute course, I am so stoked to start!!
Thanks,
Dominic
Take heart!You can make a small fortune in the drone business-just start with a large fortune😜.Good luck with your flying+the new job!

Reactions: DominicMX
Just wanted to let the thread know, I got a new job and was able to purchase the Pilot Institute course, I am so stoked to start!!
Thanks,
Dominic
Good for you. I only have a Mavic air and signed up for the course today. I'm holding on buying a better drone until I know for sure that older drones can be retrofitted with a device to be compliant. Also waiting on the Autel Evo 3 to see what the specs are.

Reactions: DominicMX
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gfusato