DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Scottish Castle

scro

Reactions
Posted this originally in the Mavic Mini section, but decided to post here too, for the wider audience to enjoy :)

Filmed with the Mavic Mini and edited in the Fly app (hence only 1080p resolution)

Last edited:
Super cool video! Did you use any nd filters? Really liked the fly through shots!

Reactions: scro
No ND filters for this - it was a fairly dull day. The fly-through shots were a bit "fun" to do. Note the slight pause at 0:46 where I checked for clearance??

Reactions: Kelvin Crumplin
No ND filters for this - it was a fairly dull day. The fly-through shots were a bit "fun" to do. Note the slight pause at 0:46 where I checked for clearance??
Still a good video and nice piloting! Could be smoother with filters (haven't got any myself, $100 for a kit here) ?

I’m impressed that you flew backwards at all in those close confines. Did you fly in first and then straight back out again? At first I thought you’d reversed the clip (it’s what I would have done as I’m a chicken) but then I saw the gull flying normally. Great Video.

The first part of the flythrough has been reversed (person walking backwards at 0:43?). I flew in through the window but bailed before I got to the final window on the far side as I needed an unwanted heading change to not hit the wall. The second part that heads backwards out over the sea was filmed that way (good spot on the gull!). The window I was reversing thru was a huge opening so it was an easy maneuver.

Still a good video and nice piloting! Could be smoother with filters (haven't got any myself, $100 for a kit here) ?
Appreciate the constructive criticism! I presume you refer to parts like the white flowers at 0:53 and the top of the turrets/chimneys at 1:15 for example? I can see a bit of "stuttering" due to too high a shutter speed there.

Been in there! Amazing place!

Posted this originally in the Mavic Mini section, but decided to post here too, for the wider audience to enjoy :)

Filmed with the Mavic Mini and edited in the Fly app (hence only 1080p resolution)

Thanks for taking me inside something I would otherwise never get to see.

Reactions: scro

Great video...I'm a fan of castles and the history behind them. Loved it!

Amazing castle in an awesome location. Thanks for sharing.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bertmag