DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 2 Scottish Highlands

With what was likely to be the last of the good weather we'll have for a while I took off up to the Highlands for a few days.

That was a wonderful film! I thoroughly enjoyed every bit of it. Nicely paced, well edited, good and very fitting music track, and great capture of the Highlands scenery. Great job!

Fantastic production. I am curious, seems like it's you on the SUP; did you operate the drone for those shots or did you have assistance. Sorry if this seems like a silly question. All said, very inspiring. Thanks for sharing.
B.

Very nice editing and music.

Love the video, especially the train trestle! But, I'm seeing a lot of artifacting in the interior of clouds and fog at the beginning of the video. Does anyone else see that? Is that normal, or an issue with Youtube for me? I'm watching it at 1920 X 1080 @25fps, with Youtube saying my connection is 54699 Kbps on a fast machine, so I should be getting the best that YT can give the video.

That was a wonderful film! I thoroughly enjoyed every bit of it. Nicely paced, well edited, good and very fitting music track, and great capture of the Highlands scenery. Great job!
Thanks, Dale. Glad you liked it!

Fantastic production. I am curious, seems like it's you on the SUP; did you operate the drone for those shots or did you have assistance. Sorry if this seems like a silly question. All said, very inspiring. Thanks for sharing.
B.
Thanks, FunYin. Not a silly question at all. It is me on the SUP, but I've just used a few of the intelligent flight modes while out on the water so I can get some video of myself. If you look closely you can see that the controller is tucked inside my bag so I can grab it if needed. I honestly can't say I recommend launching and landing a drone from the middle of a loch on a paddleboard though, it's a tad nerve-wracking, especially when the downdraft starts shifting the board about :oops:

Reactions: FunYin
Love the video, especially the train trestle! But, I'm seeing a lot of artifacting in the interior of clouds and fog at the beginning of the video. Does anyone else see that? Is that normal, or an issue with Youtube for me? I'm watching it at 1920 X 1080 @25fps, with Youtube saying my connection is 54699 Kbps on a fast machine, so I should be getting the best that YT can give the video.
Cheers, kwolfskill, glad you liked the video and the Harry Potter train :)

I think you're right about the artifacting. I use a program called Handbrake to slim down video sizes before I put them online and they're usually spot on, but it does seem to have beefed the beginning of this one a little :(

Thanks, FunYin. Not a silly question at all. It is me on the SUP, but I've just used a few of the intelligent flight modes while out on the water so I can get some video of myself. If you look closely you can see that the controller is tucked inside my bag so I can grab it if needed. I honestly can't say I recommend launching and landing a drone from the middle of a loch on a paddleboard though, it's a tad nerve-wracking, especially when the downdraft starts shifting the board about :oops:

Very cool. Hats off to you for launching and landing off of the SUP!

Reactions: Eewan
Thanks. The castle's not in the Highlands which is why you probably can't think which one it is. It's Castle Campbell/Gloom out by Dollar.
I actually thought it looked like Castle Campbell, but thought it must be another since you said you were in the Highlands lol

Reactions: Eewan
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mini2boost