DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Scottsdale & Fountain Hills Locations

HollWaz

Reactions
I'm looking for people in the Scottsdale / Fountain Hills area that would be interested in sharing their favorite places to fly in the area. Just got my Mavic Pro, it's my first drone but I was a private pilot for many years. Let me know if you're in this area or just come out this way to fly.
Bill

Hey! I'm in north scottsdale. Just got a mavic pro last week. We went out to butcher Jones last week, and did tonto near cave creek today. There's some Great spots just can't wait to
Explore.

Butcher Jones is one of my favorite kayak launch points, I'm planning to take my Mavic out with us and take off and land from the front of the kayak. I've been using the top of our SUV to keep from having blowing sand getting into the motors. I tried to use the hood but it tries to take off once it realizes it's not on a level surface. It's amazing how accurately you can land this thing...

I'm looking for people in the Scottsdale / Fountain Hills area that would be interested in sharing their favorite places to fly in the area. Just got my Mavic Pro, it's my first drone but I was a private pilot for many years. Let me know if you're in this area or just come out this way to fly.
Bill
Hey Bill I'm willing to come out to Fountain Hills to fly with you. I'm in Casa Grande I've had my Mavic for a few months now. Let me know what's good for you.

The areas I'd like to fly are off limits due to one jurisdiction or another that blocks it. I found a really good practice area at the intersection of Bush Hwy and the Beeline. Turn west when you exit and go through the park gate, it's an area where people ride quads and shoot in the desert. The views not bad but the best part is that it's pretty open so you can focus on controlling the video instead of worrying that you're going to crash your bird.

I'm retired so I can fly most anytime, now that I've got a few flights in I'm going to start focusing on the golden hours of sunrise and sunset. Any suggestions for other good spots in this area?

Hey Bill I'm willing to come out to Fountain Hills to fly with you. I'm in Casa Grande I've had my Mavic for a few months now. Let me know what's good for you.
If you're willing to drive this far you can call the time, I can make almost anything work.

I'll let you know when I'm down in that area, I'm retired too.

Not yet, I've looked at it but a lot of the reviews talk about fly aways and crashes. I'm not sure I'm ready to test it out yet.

Greetings. I am in Desert Ridge. I frequently take my Mavic out near Needle Rock. I've found it to be a pretty fun place to fly with the varied landscape and the river. If anyone is interested in meeting up to fly, let me know.

David

Greetings. I am in Desert Ridge. I frequently take my Mavic out near Needle Rock. I've found it to be a pretty fun place to fly with the varied landscape and the river. If anyone is interested in meeting up to fly, let me know.

David
Can you post an address I'm not familiar with Needle Rock.

It looks like this is about a half hour drive for me, it looks like an interesting place, I'm interested in joining you. What days/times are you available?

Go to Google maps and search for Needle Rock Recreation area. It's just north of the Rio Verde community along the Verde River.
I found it thanks for the information. This location is 1 1/2 hours from where I live but I'll take the ride one day to fly there.

New Mavic owner in North Scottsdale area. Also looking for spots to fly and possible meet up.

Casa Grande going to Scottsdale. Good Times. lol. Casa Grande says to Scottsdale "hey, Scottsdale, how'd you hide the wheels under your house? To which Scottsdale says "my house don't have wheels", to which Casa Grande replies "you mean to tell me you can't tow your home?" To which scottsdale says, that right! To which casa Grande says "what a total hunk of crap".

Casa Grande going to Scottsdale. Good Times. lol. Casa Grande says to Scottsdale "hey, Scottsdale, how'd you hide the wheels under your house? To which Scottsdale says "my house don't have wheels", to which Casa Grande replies "you mean to tell me you can't tow your home?" To which scottsdale says, that right! To which casa Grande says "what a total hunk of crap".
I rent :)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twistedpair