DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

SCRAP CAA DRONE REGISTATION - UK Government Petition

GTMonster

Reactions
Sorry for the caps… Please consider adding your name to this petition! We need to do everything we can before the freedoms our hobby get taken away from us! We need to push back before its too late.

I learnt to fly radio control gliders and planes 28 years ago (I was 12) on the Great Orme in Llandudno (Wales UK), way before drones were even conceived (35MHz radio!!). This would never have happened if drone registration such as is to be introduce was about! It would be a shame to see the hobby thrown under the bus now just so some greedy corporations and the Government can take our airspace to line their pockets.
So far I have:
  1. Signed the above petition
  2. Emailed a letter to the MP from Manchester (which appears to have been ignored… I’ll resend and try to call her)
  3. Responded to the CAA drone consultation.
Please can this page become sticky… even better if this subject could take a prominent place on the site for the duration of its usefulness. We here in the UK really need to reach the petition numbers to be seen. I feel strongly about doing anything we can now. It’s too easy to things the traditional British way… Moan, moan, moan and do nothing! Then moan and cry even more once its too late (I’m a born and bread Mancunian so yes I can say this)!

Please jump on this guys, its the future of our hobby. RC should for the public (with suitable laws in place to protect the public of course!)

Already posted & discussed in this thread. As noted there, I think responding to the consultation (now closed) is going to carry the most weight in getting them to rethink anything up for debate so far, and writing to MPs is always a bit of a crapshoot, whereas a petition to scrap what is currently only a proposal isn't likely to be quite so effective,but I've I signed it anyway.

FYI, there is an evidence hearing on the responses to the consultation on Tuesday 12th June from 09:45 (tomorrow, as I type!). We can hopefully expect a slightly updated and clearer picture of the CAA's plans, and with a little luck the petition rendered moot, by the end of the day.

Reactions: Carl36
Sorry to spoil the party. Can you not understanding that there are people, not suggesting it’s you, who just do what they want with no care for safety etc. Go and sit the PfCO course and see what the reality is.

Agreed... but if you have no care for the law, you're not going to register! This makes it a pointless good person's hobby tax!

Terrorists don't write identification on a car / lorry before taking a drive through a crowd!

PfCO already done. The course was mostly pointless and very costly. I'd guess there is a well paid director at the CAA on the back of it.

With regards to stopping more incidents like Gatwick... There has been no substantiation for any of the drone incidents such as Gatwick which are most likely were completly fake! How many reporters were there over the drone period... And no photos... Really? It's like shouting bomb in an airport, but that gets you into trouble... Drone spotting doesn't, but has the same if not a more profound effect.

Laws are important, but a pointless registration scheme will not resolve anything bar making someone at the CAA a new well paid job.

The BBC and the likes are one of the biggest users of drones and yet they only push drone negativity. This has caused a large portion of people in the UK to have a negative opinion and this in turn has aloud the government to push things this far!

After 30 years of being an RC hobbyist with a safe track record, having to subscribe to the CAA feels like a slap in the face!

The most important statistic here is that drones have caused a grand total of 0 deaths after almost 10 years of being advisable to hobbyists!

Last edited:
Reactions: Avtur79
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jordy