DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Screen capture/Recorder for the Smart Controller?

ff22

Reactions
Does it contain a native screen capture app? If not, has anyone suggestions for ones that work with the Smart Controller?

Speaking of apps what issues have folks run into trying to acquire or install additional 3rd party apps? From Google Play or otherwise?

edited to add: I guess I meant SCREEN RECORDER? But I'll take capture as a start (g). Thanks.

Last edited:
Swipe down from the very top of the screen and tap "Capture" to take a screenshot. Or are you referring to a screen recorder?

Reactions: ff22
Swipe down from the very top of the screen and tap "Capture" to take a screenshot. Or are you referring to a screen recorder?

I've edited my original:

I guess I meant SCREEN RECORDER? But I'll take capture as a start (g). Thanks.

Does it contain a native screen capture app? If not, has anyone suggestions for ones that work with the Smart Controller?

Speaking of apps what issues have folks run into trying to acquire or install additional 3rd party apps? From Google Play or otherwise?

edited to add: I guess I meant SCREEN RECORDER? But I'll take capture as a start (g). Thanks.

You can also "side load" applications when I searched for this.
Can also sync pictures and video from Mavic 2 to controller if you have a micro sd card inserted in the unit.

You can also "side load" applications when I searched for this.
Can also sync pictures and video from Mavic 2 to controller if you have a micro sd card inserted in the unit.

It does look as if the above - swipe down and there's a Screen Recorder there also (I cheated and looked at the manual).

Darn - the manual is protected - can't even copy a paragraph from it.

Reactions: 747P4
Darn - the manual is protected - can't even copy a paragraph from it.

Definitely a PITA, FF..I totally agree. DJI chose to create the PDF for the M2's as an image file so no text. Top Secret don'tcha know. My M1P manual is a normal Acrobat doc with selectable text so I guess DJI thought it was better not to let us do that. One more DJI "gotcha."

Reactions: 747P4 and ff22
Hold the back button until the controller vibrates and press the left record button, that starts and stops the recorder, hold the back button until it vibrates and press the shutter button, the right hand one and it takes a screen shot. In the menus above tap the ‘Fn’ button and when you press and hold the back button it will display all the other short cuts.

Hold the back button until the controller vibrates and press the left record button, that starts and stops the recorder, hold the back button until it vibrates and press the shutter button, the right hand one and it takes a screen shot. In the menus above tap the ‘Fn’ button and when you press and hold the back button it will display all the other short cuts.
where do you find the stored files( screen shot and screen recorder that you captured) on the controller?

Under file manager - images they are grouped as sceenshots.

Reactions: retiredwon
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bertmag