DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Screen constantly dims while using Go 4 app with Mavic 2

stpatrick

Reactions
My screen consistently goes very dim while I am flying my Mavic 2 outdoors in sunny/bright conditions. It often starts out ok...but then suddenly goes very dim and I can barely see the screen. On many occasions I have had to hit the RTH button on my remote to get my drone back and end the flight..Reboot the app and start the flight again. I am using an IPhone 7 Plus with the latest iOS 13.3 Is there a know glitch with the go4 app that causes this behavior?

Maybe the arms of the remote holding your phone are shielding the brightness sensor. On Android I usually switch off automatic brightness control and select maximum brightness prior to starting GO4 or Fly app. Guess this is also possible for iPhones.

Hint: For Android this can be even done automatically by using an app called "Tasker", either by creating a special shortcut on the home screen or by writing the command onto a NFC tag which might be placed on the remote and just needs to be read prior to inserting the phone. Maybe there is a similar app for iOS.

I notice the same problem using my Mavic 2 Pro with my Ipad 11 pro. It starts diming and I had to close and open the app.
Nothing covers the sensor in my case. I use it without the case.

Remember, I can only talk about the Android version. You can also control screen brightness from within the GO4 app. Just swipe the screen to the left and you will get an option screen where besides gimbal- and homepoint options there is also a slider for brightness control.

My screen consistently goes very dim while I am flying my Mavic 2 outdoors in sunny/bright conditions. It often starts out ok...but then suddenly goes very dim and I can barely see the screen. On many occasions I have had to hit the RTH button on my remote to get my drone back and end the flight..Reboot the app and start the flight again. I am using an IPhone 7 Plus with the latest iOS 13.3 Is there a know glitch with the go4 app that causes this behavior?
I have the same problem with my iphone 5s and 6s in bright sunlight during the summer. What I have heard is that the Go 4 app puts a large load on the phone and the phone goes into automatic battery saving mode. I have never been able to find a setting to over ride it. I try to always know where I can find shade.

The problem is your phone. Go into settings and turn off the dimming as well as set the screen brightness to max.

I just went into phone settings and turned off auto brightness control...and manually set to max

I think most of the suggestions above are possible reasons for the screen dimming, but the comment about auto dimming when the phone gets too hot is the most likely explanation IMO.

Go into settings and turn off the dimming as well as set the screen brightness to max
This could well be the best advice for your phone. I thought it was for mine when I first got it. I have a Samsung Note 9. I found that putting the phone in adaptive brightness mode allowed the phone to be much brighter in direct sunshine. Samsung explained that if they allowed the phone to be run at full brightness in manual mode, the battery would quickly run down, so they set the max brightness lower when in manual mode. In adaptive mode, the brightness will only go to the highest level when it is needed (like when you're flying in bright sunshine. Going to adaptive mode made a big improvement for my phone. It isn't perfect since moving the phone out of the sunshine will make it dim, but overall it is an improvement. If you have a phone with adaptive brightness, make sure you check this out.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bahamaboy242