DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

SD Card Help

Tango2

Reactions
I've been consistently having problems with the Scandisk Extreme 64G card that I purchased as a second and larger card for my Mavic. I formatted it in the Mavic, and all worked well. When I connect it to my Mac, I get an error that says 'can't repair the disk "Untitled".'

Originally, I noticed that it was showing less than the full 64G (I think it was showing ~29G, but don't recall). I reformatted several times, and finally got it working and formatted in exFAT and showing the entire size of the drive. When I inserted it back into the Mavic, it said the SD card needed to be formatted. I did that, but when I put it back into the Mac, it gave the error again.

My16G SD card that came with the Mavic works fine, so I'm not sure if it's a card problem or a formatting problem (or something else). Has anyone had similar issues?

Following, I’ve gone through numerous cards with corruption errors,
I’m currently on my newest extreme plus card after the others corrupted
Using MacBook Pro 2017

Reactions: GPilot
I have several throughout the years that have just became “unreadable “ because of corrupt files.
Because of that reason, I buy the cheaper 32GB cards, just multiples on sale.

I did some more testing yesterday. I have an old USB to SD card reader that I was using to connect my SD card to my Mac. I tried eliminating that USB to SD reader by using my macbook pro's built in SD card reader. The card read fine, so I'm going to blame the SD reader for this problem. I'll be picking up a new one soon to see if that resolves the problem on my mac.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rapidair