DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

SD Card Issue

Robnoxious

Reactions
I have read that slow incompatible cards cause issues on the drone side.
But I found they will also cause issues on the phone side.
New phone, latest go4 app, all firmware up to date. App would constantly crash when caching locally. Switched off and seemed to solve the problem.
Tried to review a flight log, app constantly crashes.
Replaced phone SD card with a new high-speed to match the drone, every thing works great.
The old card had a lot of music, which is why I kept switching it into newer phones.....but it turned out to be a problem when the drone was involved.
Don't know if anyone else has stability issues, but I thought I would share.

Whenever I fly I always make sure my SD card is clean, I’ll remove all my photos from my previous flight hence a clean card.;)

Reactions: Peter Hughes
From a few simple test I performed on a load of cards I have, many of them (and almost all of those bought on fleebay) didn’t perform at all at the advertised read and write speed. What is important is the write speed. The drone wants to write to the card at a minimum speed, approx 40 to 50 bit/sec, and if the card doesn’t allow this write speed there is a bottleneck and inevitably a crash of the system. Spend a bit more and buy your sd cards at official retail places.

Just thought of another thing, the go 4 app will tell you if it’s a slow card. I thought I had an “all singing all dancing” card, wrong...... the app tells me in red writing, slow memory card.

Glad I’m only taking photos, I’ll have to upgrade it shortly..

After copying my video to my server, checking it copied OK, i format the card.

Good point, I only format every now and then, but most important I’ll alway format from new;)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rugnrollseo