DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

SD card issue!

Jeff1512

Reactions
I have a Mavic Air 1. When I put an SD card in the drone and format it all is well. However, if I use DJI GO 4 app to view the photos or video on the card, then try to take the card out of the drone and put it in my Windows computer, it says that the card must be re-formatted! Looks like the file system is somehow getting changed to RAW file system when it was originally formatted as exFAT. The DJI app can still view the pics/video from the card if its in the drone, I just cant use the card in a Windows PC anymore. I have tried multiple SD cards and the same thing occurs. Any thoughts? Thanks!

I have a Mavic Air 1. When I put an SD card in the drone and format it all is well. However, if I use DJI GO 4 app to view the photos or video on the card, then try to take the card out of the drone and put it in my Windows computer, it says that the card must be re-formatted! Looks like the file system is somehow getting changed to RAW file system when it was originally formatted as exFAT. The DJI app can still view the pics/video from the card if its in the drone, I just cant use the card in a Windows PC anymore. I have tried multiple SD cards and the same thing occurs. Any thoughts? Thanks!
I am using 64GB Sandisk Extreme and Samsung EVO Plus and I can read the SD in my Windows laptop.
However I normally do not extract the SD card from the model and transfer and delete the SD card files using the USB connection.
The reason is that it is difficult to extract the SD card and there is a serious risk to damage it.

Hmmm

I never found it difficult to extract the card from the back end of the drone even with newly cut nails.

Try borrowing your wifes puller. Yes the tool she keeps with her to pluck her armpits.

i bought my own for the sole purpose of using it to extract/pullout and aim it into the slot.

Yesterday, I took my Mavic Air for a good 12 minute flight over the local fields in follow-me mode. Great fun. Recorded the video and was streaming to my iPhone no trouble. When I got home, I plugged in the USB cable to the drone, and my Win 10 PC couldn't open the drive with the SD in. It kept saying it needed formatting. I last formatted it in the drone, so after reading several card posts here, I formatted on my PC using exFAT but I also set the sizing to default. I started it off with the quick format OFF and after a few minutes cancelled that and did a quick format. It worked. Recorded 3 short videos this morning and downloaded via WiFi (from the DJI Go Albums screen) and via the USB cable.

I'm going to leave the card in the unit now and not format it using the DJI software, EVER. ??

Could it be just a little error from the drone side?

maybe if you took the card in the first place and read ut via card reader.

i sometimes cannot format the card via windows saying it was protected of some sort.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twistedpair