DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

SD card not being recognized

SpyderSkeets

Reactions
Hi folks!
I have a new ScanDisk Extreme Plus 32GB V30 SD card. When i first put it into the Air, there were no probs with the Air recognizing it. However, it does not recognize it anymore. I have used the card on my other drone (Typhoon H) with no problems. I have reformatted the SD card thinking that there is something that is on the card from the Typhoon H that is somehow interferring with it being recognized on the Air, but no luck.
Anyone have any ideas what's wrong?

Thanks!

I've had my MP not recognize a card after I did something on it with my MacBook. Apple computers write a bunch of junk files on the card that apparently make it unrecognizable by MP, but if you've reformatted it (FAT 32 I think) that should fix it.

Videographer here, you should only format memory cards in devices that you will be using them in. Devices such as drones, cameras, audio recorders, telephones, tablets, etc ... Never format any memory cards on computers.

With that said if memory card ever fails on me I will immediately stop using it. Call it paranoia if you like, but cost of recovering footage from memory card that crashed for whatever reason is far greater than simply purchasing another memory card.

I currently use Samsung Micro SD and it is fast and cheap. Most importantly it gives me over 1 hour of 4k (more than I will ever need)

Well, i tried formatting it using every option available on my computer (FAT32, exFAT, NTFS, both Quick Format and normal format) and none of them worked. I just purchased another one that i will use specifically for the AIr, and will only format it when it's in the Air. Good thing memory is relatively cheap

Well, i tried formatting it using every option available on my computer (FAT32, exFAT, NTFS, both Quick Format and normal format) and none of them worked. I just purchased another one that i will use specifically for the AIr, and will only format it when it's in the Air. Good thing memory is relatively cheap

Also one more tip, and this again goes for pretty much all portable memory including memory cards, and Mavic Air memory once they are full. Do not simply free up the space by deleting old files trough computer or device. Always format entire card in device it self. It will save you a lot of headaches in the long run.

For the past year, I manually deleted the files off the SD card on my Mac. A couple weeks ago I used Disk utility on my Mac to erase the data on two Mini SD cards. The MP now says "SD Card Error, check App". I figured I could format the SD card, but can't find where I can do this on the newer Mac I am using. Any ideas to get these two SD cards working again? Thanks in advance.

Found the answer on YouTube Videos. Its an obvious fix, but in case someone else needs the info=> After I deleted the files with my Mac of the card, the MP would not talk to it anymore. The Mac would not allow me to format the card, so I used the format card function on the MP (scroll down to the bottom to find it) and it appears to have resolved the issue.

Reactions: olosimaru
Found the answer on YouTube Videos. Its an obvious fix, but in case someone else needs the info=> After I deleted the files with my Mac of the card, the MP would not talk to it anymore. The Mac would not allow me to format the card, so I used the format card function on the MP (scroll down to the bottom to find it) and it appears to have resolved the issue.
Wondering how the MP could possibly format the SD card when the former cannot even detect or recognize the latter?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929