DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

SD card trouble

Ivanovic82

Reactions
I have the Mavic for a couple of weeks now and have had some problems with the SD card. I want to share it here with you to see if some of you have had the same or can give me some advise.

- During my first flight I made about 10 recordings, all 10 were on the app but just 1 on the SD card. I formatted the card.
- During my second flight I made several recordings at home, all on the SD card so I went out flying but when I got home and plugged in the cable I could see the files but not move them, copy them, play them. After disconnecting the calbe and plugging it in again I could use the file.

I have a nice trip coming up and a bit scared that I might miss some of the footage I'm going to record if not all... By the way, are the files on the app of the same quality as on the SD card?

I have the Mavic for a couple of weeks now and have had some problems with the SD card. I want to share it here with you to see if some of you have had the same or can give me some advise.

- During my first flight I made about 10 recordings, all 10 were on the app but just 1 on the SD card. I formatted the card.
- During my second flight I made several recordings at home, all on the SD card so I went out flying but when I got home and plugged in the cable I could see the files but not move them, copy them, play them. After disconnecting the calbe and plugging it in again I could use the file.

I have a nice trip coming up and a bit scared that I might miss some of the footage I'm going to record if not all... By the way, are the files on the app of the same quality as on the SD card?
Usually no, the app only records 720p (or 1080p sometimes) generally the drone is set to a much higher rate, however you can set your drone to 1080/720p even then I think the quality would still be better from the SD card.

Reactions: Ivanovic82
Usually no, the app only records 720p (or 1080p sometimes) generally the drone is set to a much higher rate, however you can set your drone to 1080/720p even then I think the quality would still be better from the SD card.

Thanks for the information!

The trouble continues. Today I flew a lot, came back home and nothing on the SD card. Plugged it back in and this time it could find all recordings however 3 or 4 were showing as "0 bytes". However the other files I was not able to move them, copy them, play them.

This is very annoying. Until now I have only watched footage from the app's cache :(

Anyone has an idea? I already formatted the card, but it did't solve the problem...

I watched a you tube video and it said there has to be a number 3 on it I think don't quote me but put it in youtube and might be able to find it

The speed of the SD card is important but if you're using a 128gb card it will be rejected, or will only partially record.

So, it says that it can't read the files, but only sometimes. I'm using OSX and the error code is 36. I Googled how to fixed that error (simple workaround through Terminal). But it only fixes the problem sometimes. :(

Bought a SanDisk Extreme PLUS 64 GB and a Transcend card reader. Hopefully that gives better results. Just as an update :)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gadget61