DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Sdk hack for mini 3 possible?

surfbird

Reactions
I just tried mocking the mini 3 as an air2 in the old sdk 4.16.
To my suprise the livefeed suddenly works, which it didn't with the earlier firmware. It's stable and no lag at all.
Virtual stick is still not in, didn't try waypoints. All telemetry works as well. Sensors can be enable/disable, atti mode as well. Gimbal control works to.
Which made me think if it possible to send sticks commands, instead of using virtualsticks? Does anyone know the dumldore command for that? It's probably the same since the phantom3, so it would be posssible to reverse maybe? It probably comes down to if the sticks sends anything when in neutral, if they do, it wont work. I've seen theres an old sbus message.

My time is limited for the moment, but having a stable livefeed is a major breakthrough, I would say. It's usually one of the hardest part, since dji patches the 264/265 in the app/sdk before sending it på texture :-/ But now it just works out of the box, fantastic.

Posting here to follow. A sub 250g mapping drone is crucial for the type of work I do. I'm still buying Mini 2s for the job (I think it must be near 80 of them already), but eventually we won't be able to any more. I'm hoping someone figures this out or designs a firmware that will allow this.

Reactions: pyrolator
Posting here to follow. A sub 250g mapping drone is crucial for the type of work I do. I'm still buying Mini 2s for the job (I think it must be near 80 of them already), but eventually we won't be able to any more. I'm hoping someone figures this out or designs a firmware that will allow this.
That's quite some army of drones!

Reactions: lensimages
Following this. I hope you or someone can find a solution.
I'm using DJI Mini 2 with MSDK to get live video stream & control the drone autonomously. Making Mini 3 work in a similar fashion is a must for my concerns.

BTW in case you/we are able to hack this, we might get blocked by a firmware update, right? This is also a concern.

Following this. I hope you or someone can find a solution.
I'm using DJI Mini 2 with MSDK to get live video stream & control the drone autonomously. Making Mini 3 work in a similar fashion is a must for my concerns.

BTW in case you/we are able to hack this, we might get blocked by a firmware update, right? This is also a concern.
There's also a risc, but probably not, since dji would break backwards compatibilty. It's not impossible though, but I doubt it. They also seems to use some kind of one-track in firmware, it would be quite messy from a sw perspective.

I havnt done any more work on this. I wait until someone gets the 4g-dongle working in europe, it's a dream for sniffing the protocoll. :)

I just tried mocking the mini 3 as an air2 in the old sdk 4.16.
To my suprise the livefeed suddenly works, which it didn't with the earlier firmware. It's stable and no lag at all.
Virtual stick is still not in, didn't try waypoints. All telemetry works as well. Sensors can be enable/disable, atti mode as well. Gimbal control works to.
Which made me think if it possible to send sticks commands, instead of using virtualsticks? Does anyone know the dumldore command for that? It's probably the same since the phantom3, so it would be posssible to reverse maybe? It probably comes down to if the sticks sends anything when in neutral, if they do, it wont work. I've seen theres an old sbus message.

My time is limited for the moment, but having a stable livefeed is a major breakthrough, I would say. It's usually one of the hardest part, since dji patches the 264/265 in the app/sdk before sending it på texture :-/ But now it just works out of the box, fantastic.
Hey Surfbird,

Are you able to explain this process a little more to me? I would like to know how you mock the sdk to another drone? Please explain the steps if you would please. I would like to have a look at this.

Thanks,

SH

The message that is received in dji.midware.data.model.P3.DataOsdGetPushCommon you ovveride the dronetype.
Set the dronetype you want:
public static enum DroneType {
Unknown,
Inspire,
P3S,
P3X,

I'm kind of put everything on hold for the moment. Waiting for the msdk5 for the mini3.
After that it will be more clear if they keep the same dumldore or not.
It might seems like the mini3 needs an fw-update. There is no virtualstick implemented for the moment.

Reactions: pyrolator
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000