DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

SE Fishing Gadget

• Thread starter Deleted member 84685
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 84685

Has anyone used a fishing dropper on the SE,,cant really find a max weight if any assigned for this, 2oz,,3oz 1oz ??
I might do some tests if it's even worth it,, or is it safer to not worry about it so the mini dont become a sinker
Interested to see what some have done..........maybe just a novelty item
Screenshot_20211212-092856_Trade Me.jpgScreenshot_20211212-092821_Trade Me.jpgScreenshot_20211212-093112_Trade Me.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
The ad is just saying you have to know the weight carrying limit of your drone. You can do that with some string and weights at home. There's a Scottish bloke who has a Youtube channel and has a video of him putting sinkers on his Mini 2 in very windy conditions. He piled on over 300g, I think. There's another bloke from Hawaii who did a range test with a bait dropper. I think he managed about 300m before the remote stopped working. There's a few other videos of people seeing how much their drones can carry, so you can watch them to see how they set their drone up.

I remember a homemade rig using a picture hook on the Spark.

The pilot would fly out and abruptly stop or back up quickly to release the line.

Spark hook.jpg

Here's another image.

The pilot glued the hooks onto the batteries.

Spark hook 2.jpeg

Cool,,yip me phantom had a few similar set ups,,the weight of the fishing dropper above I show not be to user friendly in respect of adding extra weight to that,when it stops raining I'll do some experiments

Reactions: MA2 317 and Dronut
STOP Ian unless you have refresh and a retrieval float. The weight and tension of the line going out will be too much for a mini. That's what Phantoms are for if you still have one. Anyways, good luck, you'll need it. Can't wait for the video. 😳😬😫😁

Yes ok after seeing that clip I change my mind,,poor little mini just wont cope,I did get this mini after looking at phantoms for a while but even damaged ones here are expensive,,need to replenish the phantom fleet after the p34k I sent to England to help a fellow pilot out and the p3s and p4 got sold to cover operation for me dog and I miss the phantoms bad ,this year hopefully be better (2022) ;)

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
svdroneshots