DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 2 Sea mist in the Avon Gorge, Bristol.

twickers14

Reactions
A beautiful but very cold (for us) start to the day led me to wonder if the Gorge might get some sea mist later in the day. Prevailing wind (very light) was in the right direction so popped up after lunch and sure enough a really spectacular show was on display. Here are a couple of shots, not the best but glad I’ve got them. PS the second shot is from my phone but shows the phenomenon from the cliff edge.60C09C13-9D38-4AB7-B3C8-5D8A7ADE2DEF.jpegC7926EEC-72F8-41C1-A0A2-0F1F2117B725.jpeg431A09FA-278C-4112-BF18-CB43B4A9F8BE.jpeg

Nice. In the first photo there is a dense white lump near the 'horizon', about 3/4 the way across the photo left to right, what is it?

Nice and thanks for sharing.

@PhiliusFoggg it looks like a large building could be a church ,or some sort of Silos
but could be wrong on further inspection ,it could be steam from cooling towers at a power station
probably all wrong answers ,but it was fun looking

Nice. In the first photo there is a dense white lump near the 'horizon', about 3/4 the way across the photo left to right, what is it?
That is such a good spot! My Mrs and I had driven down that way (the Severn Estuary looking towards Wales) the day before and I think it‘s steam coming from some industrial plant (there is also a power station in the vicinity) and with the very light winds it plumed more or less straight up through the mist.

A beautiful but very cold (for us) start to the day led me to wonder if the Gorge might get some sea mist later in the day. Prevailing wind (very light) was in the right direction so popped up after lunch and sure enough a really spectacular show was on display. Here are a couple of shots, not the best but glad I’ve got them. PS the second shot is from my phone but shows the phenomenon from the cliff edge.View attachment 142001View attachment 142002View attachment 142003

These pics are just awesome, never ceases to amaze me what our drones are capable of, thanks for sharing mate!

Hi PF. Was out walking on the Downs over the w/e and looked west down the Gorge and was able to snap (with my iPhone) the white blob you kindly commented on in my recent sea mist post. I must get down closer to see what‘s generating the ”the white lump” but as I said it is very industrial down there.
83E154B5-399F-48F2-8B08-C2F608679845.jpeg

power station cooling towers my guess

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoubleBarS