DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Search and Rescue Operations

AerialViewSolutions

Reactions
Has anyone here every volunteered or been hired to conduct any work for a local law enforcement or rescue team to do search and rescue work? I understand that this is slightly out of scope for the Mavic, since this normally required infared capabilities, but a lot of individuals have their high end professional drones for work and smaller drones for recreation, hence why I'm asking here! I think it would be an amazing way to help the community with our skill set and it would put a good (or bad in a way I suppose) taste to the public.

If anyone has... How did you go about making the relationship?

I like your thought!

I know the the county I'm in already has a drone they use. . .(Contact your local law enforcement office, they won't bite you?:))

I have a friend that works in CO as an SAR volunteer they have a dedicated drone team that uses a DJI Matrice 600 and Flir option. That said that drone is in for repairs so they used a Phantom for one of the last missions. I would think the Mavic would be a no brainer to carry if I worked for SAR.

A local person around here posted on FB that they wanted a volunteer with a drone to help search an area for a lost Havanese dog. I went and flew the Mavic but it is a somewhat heavily wooded area and the dog is a small dog. The only thing the dog had going for it was that it is white.

Unfortunately, I could not see anything from the air.

Reactions: Path Finder
I have a friend that works in CO as an SAR volunteer they have a dedicated drone team that uses a DJI Matrice 600 and Flir option. That said that drone is in for repairs so they used a Phantom for one of the last missions. I would think the Mavic would be a no brainer to carry if I worked for SAR.
And now the team has added two Mavic Pros through a donation. Using them as trainers and for urban daytime urban search; clearly won't work when the sun goes down.

Has anyone here every volunteered or been hired to conduct any work for a local law enforcement or rescue team to do search and rescue work? I understand that this is slightly out of scope for the Mavic, since this normally required infared capabilities, but a lot of individuals have their high end professional drones for work and smaller drones for recreation, hence why I'm asking here! I think it would be an amazing way to help the community with our skill set and it would put a good (or bad in a way I suppose) taste to the public.

If anyone has... How did you go about making the relationship?

ive offered the use of my drone im in small town where my drone can fly anywhere in 5 min most missing people go up on face book so send drone up and help if i can upload in 4k to youtube of others to search in footage

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada