DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Search and Rescue

MesaAZGuy

Reactions
I was curious if anyone attached a locating device (Bluetooth tile or the like) to their Mavic to help locate it in the event of a crash. I think it may help find a lost Mavic if it somehow does not return home...

Where did you attach yours? I assume the tracking device needs to be charged every few days. Website says it is good for 96 hours.

Where did you attach yours? I assume the tracking device needs to be charged every few days. Website says it is good for 96 hours.

I attach it at the far rear end with industrial velcro. Battery lasts a couples days, maybe more. But I always top off the battery that only takes a few minutes to charge. You get one year free service with purchase, then you have to pay a few dollars per month after that.

I attach it at the far rear end with industrial velcro. Battery lasts a couples days, maybe more. But I always top off the battery that only takes a few minutes to charge. You get one year free service with purchase, then you have to pay a few dollars per month after that.

Forgot to mention, you get a dozen free SMS texts per month with the service and you can pre-program specific alerts based on different criteria you pick from the web portal.

e5ce060651ef017f005a95debb6b3f47.jpg

I use a device called Lost Multi rotor tracker from PMB Electronics, Lost Multi-rotor Tracker (30-minute) – PMB-NZ – rcbeacon.com , I t transmits long range tone thru UHF handheld, tested distance so far 4km in open country

I am using a Loc8tor in its old form factor which can be attached to Mavic's rear by velcro in case of doing a flight which is critical for loss.

What equipment did you use to track down the tracker with?

I have a Wouxun KG-899 handset programmed to same Frequency as Tracker, any cheap programable UHF radio's will work like the Baofeng UV-5R, also found using short antenna best for under 1km, little bit practice it doesn't take long find device.
I chose this unit as it does not transmit until 30 minutes delay after Pre flight activation, also Independently powered by standard CR2302 which last very long time.

Reactions: Islandguy27
Just wondering if the device creates any type of magnetic field. I did a test with the drone keeper mini and I noticed that it affected the compass on my iPhone
dronekeeper, drone keeper, mini

This device doesn't interfere with the MP or any other Multi Copter (drone) as transmission is preset to start 30 minutes after activation before Pre Flight
When unit lands one only has to switch activation off and battery does last long time

I should note I did fly my MP with Beacon transmitting and didn't experience any issues, I managed to receive good signal 3.6km away and height 70 metres why parked near power lines etc

Last edited:
I was curious if anyone attached a locating device (Bluetooth tile or the like) to their Mavic to help locate it in the event of a crash. I think it may help find a lost Mavic if it somehow does not return home...
I use the TRACKIMO every flight

I agree the find my drone works good. As long as the Mavic is still on after its crash landing.

However usually the first thing to get lost is the battery. The Phantom Series used to spit the battery out like an eject button!

What's the yellow thing above the tile?

It’s called a drone mini keeper. But it causes to much magnetic interference.

Concept is solid. Long battery life, very loud but it has the potential to be the reason why you would lose the drone.

Kind of sucks since I bought 5 of them

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
J S