DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Second camera for the Mini 2

aLIEv

Reactions
Not trying to sound like a killjoy uncle here but I saw this video
where a guy literally glues a camera on his Mini 2. Here's a couple of reasons why this is NOT recommended.

1. It will put the Mini 2 above 250 grams which will make it require registration
2. It will damage your drone's outer shell
3. It will destroy the balance of your drone
4. It will strain your motors and shorten battery life
5. You will need to multitask between controlling your RC and camera
6. Any position will result in worse balance or your drone getting included in your shots.

DO NOT do this, unless you're a Youtuber then we thank you because we no longer need to do stupid stuff like these. Peace!

These 360 degree camera are the rage and I have see some incredible pictures taken with this set up.

The Mini 2 does have the ability to lift some weight as Zeus has shown in his videos posted on the forum.

The only real hiccup is flying over 250 but thats just a matter of regs.
This setup above is for the Lume Cube and the Go Pro mount not really and damage to the drone .

Its a perfect setup for the Air 2 but you can get by with this and when you see the end results you will be amazed.
Here is the link that really wowed me.

If you have a Wide Screen your in for a Treat. ?

Explore on Kuula

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Mini 2 in the Rain and Land on Water.

Reactions: WYN Air and zeusfl
These 360 degree camera are the rage and I have see some incredible pictures taken with this set up.

The Mini 2 does have the ability to lift some weight as Zeus has shown in his videos posted on the forum.

The only real hiccup is flying over 250 but thats just a matter of regs.
This setup above is for the Lume Cube and the Go Pro mount not really and damage to the drone .

Its a perfect setup for the Air 2 but you can get by with this and when you see the end results you will be amazed.
Here is the link that really wowed me.

If you have a Wide Screen your in for a Treat. ?

Explore on Kuula

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Mini 2 in the Rain and Land on Water.
Isn't Kuula all about 360° still panos, which all the DJI drones can currently create by shooting the necessary 26 stills, and stitching them together, in camera, for the final still result? Only reason to attach an Insta360 camera is for 360° video, which DJI can't shoot natively, yet!

Isn't Kuula all about 360° still panos, which all the DJI drones can currently create by shooting the necessary 26 stills, and stitching them together, in camera, for the final still result? Only reason to attach an Insta360 camera is for 360° video, which DJI can't shoot natively, yet!
Yes but that has the 1inch sensor so your getting some really nice quality out of that camera, so anyway to get it up in the air is good for those who want the 360 and its some pretty amazing stuff.

If your going to do 360 why not do it with a camera dedicated to its nature, i think that is the idea. Im tempted to go the 26 route and do some stitching and post some Storms in Action , very tempted with the Mavic 2

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Mini 2 in and out of the storm.

Yes but that has the 1inch sensor so your getting some really nice quality out of that camera, so anyway to get it up in the air is good for those who want the 360 and its some pretty amazing stuff.

If your going to do 360 why not do it with a camera dedicated to its nature, i think that is the idea. Im tempted to go the 26 route and do some stitching and post some Storms in Action , very tempted with the Mavic 2

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Mini 2 in and out of the storm.
Certainly, if you want the best still pano quality, the Mavic 2 Pro takes the best 360 pano images, and automatically creates the best in camera stitch, as well! I use the "in camera" 13MB stitch as a proof of concept, and then, if it is worthy, create a 300MB stitch from the 20MB still JPG originals in either PTGui or Panorama Studio Pro for a 360° Pano you can really zoom into, without losing detail! When rendered out as a JPG, its about 80MB, or 6x larger than the in camera stitch, but you have to clone in your own ceiling.

The 360° video, however, is not yet possible natively with DJI equipment, but I could easily see them creating a special 360° video drone with two 180° cameras, one on top and one on the bottom.

Let's see some Storms in Action 360° panos! Thumbswayup

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada