Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Second Drone SAR training session is Atlanta in June

RCdancer

Approved Vendor
Reactions
Site
www.dronesar.info
Our second training session for drone Search & Rescue (SAR) will focus on Grid Searches and Orbits. We are planning to host this session just north of Atlanta in June. Tentative location is Shorty Howell Park north of Atlanta with a nice pavilion, electricity, grills, and plenty of parking. Plenty of hotels nearby. Details will be forthcoming. We welcome all pilots regardless of experience. Attendance is limited to 20 with priority going to those that attended the first session in Mentone.

www.dronesar.info

Last edited:
Do we have tentative dates? It's hard to sign up for something not knowing the dates.

Sorry if I overlooked them . . .

Would love to come to this one too... But its 550 miles so I'm going to pass. Great time was had in Mentone.

Tom

Reactions: TR Ganey
Were shooting for Saturday June 8

9am - 4pm.

I'm scheduled to work that weekend but I might be able to switch around with someone.

@RCdancer if I can make it I'd like to come but not consume a position that someone else could utilize more. Mind if I come as an observer?

First time on the board.

If there is an opening for your SAR on June 8th, I'd like to attend.
I have done quite a bit of SAR work and missions with the Shelby, NC Civil Air Patrol squadron while I was the squadron commander. We didn't have knowledge of drone use then. The mountain ranges that we worked in may have limited the use of drones. I'm semi retired now belonging to the Alabama Patron Squadron. I may be able to get the Civil Air Patrol interested in their nuse, if they aren't already.
Thanks and let me know or I'll watch this board, whichever you prefer.

Tom Bly

I'm scheduled to work that weekend but I might be able to switch around with someone.

@RCdancer if I can make it I'd like to come but not consume a position that someone else could utilize more. Mind if I come as an observer?

Shoot - how about coming not just an observer, but help train as well? :)

First time on the board.

If there is an opening for your SAR on June 8th, I'd like to attend.
I have done quite a bit of SAR work and missions with the Shelby, NC Civil Air Patrol squadron while I was the squadron commander. We didn't have knowledge of drone use then. The mountain ranges that we worked in may have limited the use of drones. I'm semi retired now belonging to the Alabama Patron Squadron. I may be able to get the Civil Air Patrol interested in their nuse, if they aren't already.
Thanks and let me know or I'll watch this board, whichever you prefer.

Tom Bly

We'd love to have you. Once we lock in the date and place, you can use the link to the signup sheet that Thunderdrones posted.

Shoot - how about coming not just an observer, but help train as well? :)

Roger that. I'll let you know in a few days either way.

First time on the board.
I may be able to get the Civil Air Patrol interested in their nuse, if they aren't already.

Tom Bly
CAP is well behind the curve, but yes, Civil Air Patrol has several sUAs programs in all three areas of the program - AE, Cadets, ES.

We need some feedback,.if we go with the park that Thunderdrones suggests, it will cost $300 to reserve the pavilion for the day. We don’t charge for the training itself, but how many are willing to pay $30 to cover the cost of reserving the pavilion and lunch. No T-shirt for that price, but we can provide you a link to buy the shirt if you want one.

Or would you prefer us to find a free place?

FYI that we’re looking at a future training session at this gorgeous lake where I fly regularly. This is not open-field flying and requires careful planning, but it would certainly stretch your skills and present some unique opportunities for SAR training.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
invertedloser