DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Second flight, gimbal overload

ElkySS

Reactions
I did my second flight with my new MA2. About 20 minutes in I got an error saying gimbal overload. I've never had a drone like this and never a dji so I was unfamiliar with this. After some research I'm a bit concerned. Should I go ahead and buy that care refresh thing? Honestly, I don't think I should have to use that after only two flights. I guess I'm looking for advice as I'm new. Everything looks tight around the gimbal area. I haven't crashed it. It was hot outside (actual 95F, real feel 99F) but I'm not sure if that has anything to do with it. I looked it over and don't see any dirt or anything that would prevent the gimbal from moving. Anything else I need to check? Or am I worried about nothing?

Reactions: E90RAW
DJI drones come with a 1 year warranty that covers any manufacturing defects, so if your gimbal continues to give you problems you can contact DJI for a free repair.

Care Refresh is more for covering crashes.

I got a flight in today. Used nearly the full battery and never saw that error again. On today's flight I wasn't messing with the gimbal much. I was about 200ft up the whole time. The flight where I saw that error I was playing with the dogs and filming them. I was only about 5 feet off the ground. So I was moving the gimbal up and down a lot following dogs. Could the outside temp plus me moving it around have caused its motor to heat up and pop that error?

Could the outside temp plus me moving it around have caused its motor to heat up and pop that error?
[/QUOTE]
it shouldnt

Reactions: itsneedtokno
I got a flight in today. Used nearly the full battery and never saw that error again. On today's flight I wasn't messing with the gimbal much. I was about 200ft up the whole time. The flight where I saw that error I was playing with the dogs and filming them. I was only about 5 feet off the ground. So I was moving the gimbal up and down a lot following dogs. Could the outside temp plus me moving it around have caused its motor to heat up and pop that error?
I'm in Florida and use Active Track at about 10' high to chase my son around the park all the time and have never received a gimbal warning. So I would say no to the temp causing the error.

Reactions: itsneedtokno
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
J S