DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

2 Pro Second shot alignment 6 months later

RadioFlyerMan

Premium Pilot
Reactions
How do you align the drone and camera to the same position, altitude, speed, and gimbal angle for a second shot… six months later? For a distant field of view, waypoints works pretty good, with the barometer as its weakest link. But for close proximity, low altitude and canopy covered shots, different methods must be employed. That’s the challenge of producing the transitions in After the Winter. Try it for yourself and see what you can do.

How do you align the drone and camera to the same position, altitude, speed, and gimbal angle for a second shot… six months later? For a distant field of view, waypoints works pretty good, with the barometer as its weakest link. But for close proximity, low altitude and canopy covered shots, different methods must be employed. That’s the challenge of producing the transitions in After the Winter. Try it for yourself and see what you can do.
Hi John,

WOW, I am totally blown away by your video! I've never seen anything like it from an amateur filmmaker. Absolutely fantastic what you show us. I have already watched the video three times and will definitely watch it a few more times. ?
Big compliment! ???
I think you used Lichi, right?
I wonder if I can do the same with my Mini2?
Thanks for the great video!
Cheers Paul... my jaw is slowly coming up again ?

Just mind-boggling!!! Fantastic. You certainly are a Pro when it comes to film making. I'm sure you have some good post opt video software. What you have done is just outstanding! You got me by 3 years on age...... so there may be hope for me after all. :)

This is, without doubt, the best drone video I've ever seen.

I'm absolutely stunned. My photographer girlfriend and I just watched it twice and "wowed" of "oohed" every bit as much the second time. And we're planning to have another look this evening, along with several more of your videos.

Thanks very much for sharing this. It's going to inspire me to do a lot of study and work, or maybe just to sell my drone and give up.

@RadioFlyerMan hi my friend ,with so many of your brilliant videos that you have posted on the forum ,i am running out of adjective's to describe your work and skills
take care
yours OMM

@RadioFlyerMan hi my friend ,with so many of your brilliant videos that you have posted on the forum ,i am running out of adjective's to describe your work and skills
take care
yours OMM
Thanks for your kind words. It makes all the work enjoyable and worth it.

I'm impressed by your transitions, keeping track and speed of winter to summer shots, fantastic camera work and drone alignments ?

Hi John, are you really 74 years old? Or is 74 the year of birth? However, you are a "Pro" ????
cheers Paul
The sad truth is I am really 74. ? And my hands are being challenged with cerebral shake. Some days the magic works, some days it doesn’t. But it’s the pilots on this forum that keep me going.

Last edited:
Beautifully done, loved the video. I can see I have much to learn.

I understand the challenge of aligning things. I use Litchi to repeat missions, but it is far from 100% repeatable with waypoint locations and headings. I spend much time in post stretching aligning and cropping my images.

I am going to send a letter to the producers of the series "Planet Earth." Your flying and especially post production skills rival anything their folks produce. Wouldn't it be cool to see you in their credits roll !!

An incredible production!BRAVO!

Simply the best video that i've seen on this forum. Thanks for sharing and giving others something to shoot for, although that target is very far away. Excellent.

I am going to send a letter to the producers of the series "Planet Earth." Your flying and especially post production skills rival anything their folks produce. Wouldn't it be cool to see you in their credits roll !!
Ed... as long as I can get my hands on a two-person operated Inspire! ?

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929