DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Seeking a reliable 12.9 tablet holder

Tyetus

Reactions
So, i'm trying to be responsible and use what I have on hand before I buy more stuff, but I'm having a heck of a time finding this one item! I have an iPad Pro 12.9 that I have that I would LOVE to use, but I am just not sure of/if there are any made, I have really only found one that had some sketch reviews on them, was hoping some other flyers are able to point me in the direction of something reliable that would work :) (otherwise I'll be on the hunt for a cheap tablet :eek:)

So, i'm trying to be responsible and use what I have on hand before I buy more stuff, but I'm having a heck of a time finding this one item! I have an iPad Pro 12.9 that I have that I would LOVE to use, but I am just not sure of/if there are any made, I have really only found one that had some sketch reviews on them, was hoping some other flyers are able to point me in the direction of something reliable that would work :) (otherwise I'll be on the hunt for a cheap tablet :eek:)

I'm really pleased with this holder I purchased for my Tripltek from here.

Tablets up to 12.9" :)

There is zero contact with the antenna and will set up on a table or a tripod with the standard mount. It has a lanyard attachment to help when handling the remote.

Good luck. :)

I have the MA2.

The OP must have a mini2 since the post is in this column.

Both have the same remote.

They also make them for the other Mavic series remote.

I had one for the mini4 I was using before went to the Tripltek.

They work well but I wonder how strong the antennae / holder will be over time.

The remote was designed for a phone and not tablets so the extra bulk of a tablet may compromise the structural integrity of the mast. ?

Here's a post I did about how to lanyard attachment to help handle the remote as the displays get bigger.

This will work with any DJI drone that uses the new style RC. The LifThor company also makes holders for other DJI drones that don’t use the new controller, and for the Autel Evo 1 and 2. I’ve got the Baldur for the MA2 and have used my 12.9 Pro with it. I’ve also used the iPad 12.9 with the Evo holder. Both combos are very good but the iPad screen isn’t as bright as I would like in sunlight. Maybe the 2021 model will be. Another mount worth considering is the Mavmount.

Reactions: MA2 317
I found this mount to use with my Samsung Tab 7S+.

I did have to make 2 mods so it would work better for my liking. One mod was to epoxy 2 small wood blocks to the portion that fits in the RC holder where one's phone goes. On this mount, one side of the plate is about 1/4" thick, but the other side has been milled to a very thin blade, which allows it to have a less firm contact. The other mod was more involved. I wanted the bottom of the tablet to be higher above the control sticks than the configuration it came with. To rectify this, I had to take the Dremel tool to the pivot ball and part of the connector arm so the ball and socket would let the tablet tilt up and away from the control sticks. My tablet came with a shoulder/neck strap, and I DO use that all the time as this large a tablet does make the whole works top heavy and tipsy.
Although the screen is plenty large, I still have trouble seeing details when flying because of glare and sun brightness, so I've also modified a cardboard box to function as a sun screen to keep the glare off the reflective screen. I feel like I'm almost flying a FPV since I have to bury my face in the box to see things clearly, but it works great for my purposes.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wlochaty