DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Seeking for advice to buy CrystalSky

hianhwee

Reactions
I am still thinking of whether to get CS to fly with my Mavic or Spark. I am not a frequent pilot as I can only fly on weekends and plus Singapore has limited places to fly too.

I currently use either my iPad Pro 10.5, iPhone X or Samsung Note 8 to fly with the drones.

TIA for the advice.

I would always get the CS if your looking for a dedicated device that you can see clearly outdoors.

Agree - having a dedicated device with around 6 hours flying time is an advantage but the CS is very expensive.
With my iPhone and iPad at full brightness I only ever had a problem in full sun light. On cloudy days or under shade or in my own shadow I never had a problem. BUT with the CS I don’t need to worry about flying in the full sun

Reactions: hianhwee
I am very happy with my CS 5.5'. I used a smart phone and an iPad. It was very difficult to see the touch commands on the screen. For example the 'Apply' command is small blue text on black background. Now I can see it very clear in bright sunlight. Thumbswayup

Last edited:
Reactions: hianhwee
The CS is by far the best device for flying with. If it's within your budget then you should consider it.

Especially the UB model.

You should check out this video review.

EDIT: I fixed the video link. For those of you curious what I accidentally linked to, you may enjoy the video below. Have fun. :p

Last edited:
I thought she was very Ham

I wanna know if all your aircraft have to up to date with the latest fw to work with CS...I have 3 plus osmo pro...none are on latest fw and would love to have CS for them...just afraid that it won't work on them...any help

Even though I own the CS Ultra and 5.5 both are a bit overrated, your just paying for a bright screen the rest of it is really mediocre

IMHO the DJI Go4 on the Ipad Pro 10.5 runs much faster, better screen resolution and touch sensitivity, however the CS Ultra is brighter until you get a backlight failure LOL.

Even DJI don't support it well, the first updates come out on IOS , which has DJI Go 4.2.4, all of us CS users are still on 4.1.18 which is two versions behind.

Everyone who is saying the CS is best, is just trying to self justify their purchase.

Last edited:
CS Ultra is not as good as the Ipad Pro 10.5 running DJI Go 4 4.2.4, the CS is brighter until you get a backlight failure LOL
iPad Pro is more expensive than the Ultra no? Not as bright of a display. Seems like a waste to invest in something that can do so much more and use it as a dedicated device. :)

iPad Pro is more expensive than the Ultra no? Not as bright of a display. Seems like a waste to invest in something that can do so much more and use it as a dedicated device. :)

In Australia the CS Ultra is roughly the same price as the Ipad 10.5 512gb celluar at aud 1699

The CS is woefully supported by DJI its old android 5.1.1 using some unknown Rockchip RK3066 4-core CPU @1.61GHz, it's always the last to get firmware upgrades when it should be the first and I have been noticing more an more failures, so the QC on them is not good.

Last edited:
In Australia the CS Ultra is roughly the same price as the Ipad 10.5 512gb celluar at aud 1699

The CS is woefully supported by DJI , it's always the last to get firmware upgrades when it should be the first and I have been noticing more an more failures, so the QC on them is not good.
I’ll watch out for failures on mine.

The CS is woefully supported by DJI its old android 5.1.1 using some unknown Rockchip RK3066 4-core CPU @1.61GHz, it's always the last to get firmware upgrades when it should be the first and I have been noticing more an more failures, so the QC on them is not good.
Hi Iannes,
I totally agree with you and you know my woes with the problems I’ve had with a multiple back light fails on my CS’s.
They are buggy lagging things. You have to reboot them all the time to get the keyboard or to find wifi connection. They don’t even come close to the quality, speed or reliability of a current Apple products but the screen is soo awesome !!.

I use my Cs to mainly fly over water sunny days and chase
Surfers
Speed Boats
JetSki’s etc

I use other devices
IPad Pro 10.5
IPad Mini 4
iPhone X
When you are using these devices in the sun you are more or less guessing or hoping that’s you are getting good footage.

I took some of my drones mates out the other week and we chased a speed boat in Sports mode on my Mavic at around 11am in full sunny Queensland Australia weather say 30 Deg C

We could see the boat at all time and the screen brightness was at no more than half.
The boys were so impressed.

You should always have a back device handy.

So the conclusion: for now CS is not a good investment.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bahamaboy242