Welcome Mavic Pilot!
Jump in and join our free DJI Mavic community today!

Self-repair or Thunderdrones?

Former Member

Reaction score
Let's say you just crashed your Mavic and you don't have any type of insurance coverage. The damage looks minimal, so you might think about repairing it yourself. Before you take off the top cover, did you know that there is a GPS/compass #1 cable that runs from the top body to the FC ESC board? If you pull that cable hard enough, you could break off the connector on the FC board, and there is no repairing the board. Cost for a new board is at least $80 + time to unsolder 12 big motor wires, 4 tiny LED light wires, pulling out the fan assembly, and you havent even addressed the problem you were trying to solve in the first place.

We, at Thunderdrones, can get you flying again and address the problem that you are trying to solve without creating new ones for you. Our experience and knowledge of your Mavic is on the expert level, and we will use that expertise to resolve your problems quickly, and at a very economical price.

Why try to fix something that is outside of your comfort level? Let the pros at Thunderdrones do it for you. Problem solved.

Best regards,

Rob at Thunderdrones

Last edited:

1buddyc

Premium Pilot
Reaction score
Rob is a Super guy to work with, honest, straight forward, fair and reasonable. Thunderdrone's my go-to source for ANY Camera or Drone Repairs I need.

Reactions: Former Member

Cyberpower678

Reaction score
I'll do a self-repair, but I appreciate you being a source for parts. :D

Cyberpower678

Reaction score
Yes but didnt you have a hard time getting the solder loose, and didnt you have to buy a better soldering iron? Any repair is not as difficult if you have to right tools.
Not a new iron, just a wider tip. I got a set of different tips for a few bucks on Amazon. :p

lucky4meman

Reaction score
I just got my repaired drone back today from Thunderdrones. Really glad I sent it to them. Very reasonably priced and super quick turn around. Just a few days to get it back.

DrMickyD

Reaction score
Recently sent a Mavic pro into Rob to be repaired. The drone is as good as new. He was fast and very responsive to all emails/messages. Couldn’t be happier. I highly recommend ThunderDrones.

mebehr

Reaction score
Let's say you just crashed your Mavic and you don't have any type of insurance coverage. The damage looks minimal, so you might think about repairing it yourself. Before you take off the top cover, did you know that there is a GPS/compass #1 cable that runs from the top body to the FC ESC board? If you pull that cable hard enough, you could break off the connector on the FC board, and there is no repairing the board. Cost for a new board is at least $80 + time to unsolder 12 big motor wires, 4 tiny LED light wires, pulling out the fan assembly, and you havent even addressed the problem you were trying to solve in the first place.

We, at Thunderdrones, can get you flying again and address the problem that you are trying to solve without creating new ones for you. Our experience and knowledge of your Mavic is on the expert level, and we will use that expertise to resolve your problems quickly, and at a very economical price.

Why try to fix something that is outside of your comfort level? Let the pros at Thunderdrones do it for you. Problem solved.

Best regards,

Rob at Thunderdrones
Sent you a message! Looking forward to hearing your response.

Just_nick

Reaction score
I like DIY repairs, I don't like DIY repairs where people throw parts at a problem they don't understand

jaysrmc

Reaction score

Best regards,

Rob at Thunderdrones

I have to also say that Rob is one of the most honest guys I have ever met.