DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Selling mini 1, buying the mini 2

Me262

Reactions
Hi guys. I found a buyer to buy my mini 1 for the same price I bought it (including the 10% student discount).

I'd like to get the mini 2 now and take advantage of all the improvements. I believe the consensus here is that there are only advantages over the mini 1 correct?

My main concern right now it seems that my student account with DJI no longer have any 10% discount codes (they expired 6 months ago and they don't give you anything). I am still a student, but since I've created the DJI account, is there no way to get another 10% discount code? I am also aware currently the mini 2 is not covered by this discount, even if I had it, but maybe in a few weeks/months it will become available.

Regarding the drone itself:

1. I understand the mini 1 lion batteries are compatible with mini 2, and they are cheaper!. But I remember there is info that mini 2 lipo batteries are slightly bigger. My concern, can the play inside the drone (because mini 1 lion batteries are smaller than mini 2 battery receptacle) cause damage with the pins where the battery connects?

2. How is the flymore combo case? I heard the mini 1 DJI case that came with the combo could actually damage the propellers. Is this still the case for the mini 2? And mini 2 also now comes with propeller guard. Does it do the job properly or can it potentially also damage the props?

I can't answer your questions about discounts, but can answer you questions comparing the Mini 1 and Mini 2.

The Mini 1 batteries WILL fit in the Mini 2. They just have slightly less battery life and can be charged in the Mini 2's charging bank. The Mini 1 batteries aren't all that much cheaper, only $10 less. Use the Mini 1 batteries if you have them. I kept one from my MM1 and use it all the time.

There is no "play" inside the Mini 2 with the Mini 1 battery. The widths and heights are pretty much the same size. It's just that the Mini 2 batteries have sharp corners, so you could not use a Mini 2 battery in a Mini 1.

Flymore combo CASE? Different from the 1. I haven't used it yet. I've adapted a hard shell case so I can keep all my extra goodies in one place. But I could downsize if needed. One thing that the Mini 2 came with that did not with the Mini 1 is a "cradle" that wraps around the drone while in storage. It works well protecting the props in pretty much any storage configuration as long as you don't crush it. With the cradle on you could put it in your pocket and be ok. There are now aftermarket cases coming out for the Mini 2 which weren't available a month or two ago.

Good luck.

Hi guys. I found a buyer to buy my mini 1 for the same price I bought it (including the 10% student discount).

I'd like to get the mini 2 now and take advantage of all the improvements. I believe the consensus here is that there are only advantages over the mini 1 correct?

My main concern right now it seems that my student account with DJI no longer have any 10% discount codes (they expired 6 months ago and they don't give you anything). I am still a student, but since I've created the DJI account, is there no way to get another 10% discount code? I am also aware currently the mini 2 is not covered by this discount, even if I had it, but maybe in a few weeks/months it will become available.

Regarding the drone itself:

1. I understand the mini 1 lion batteries are compatible with mini 2, and they are cheaper!. But I remember there is info that mini 2 lipo batteries are slightly bigger. My concern, can the play inside the drone (because mini 1 lion batteries are smaller than mini 2 battery receptacle) cause damage with the pins where the battery connects?

2. How is the flymore combo case? I heard the mini 1 DJI case that came with the combo could actually damage the propellers. Is this still the case for the mini 2? And mini 2 also now comes with propeller guard. Does it do the job properly or can it potentially also damage the props?
Hi ME262,
I have a Mavic Mini2 that I can give you a good deal on. It's been flown 3 times, each flight approximately 5 min. long to check the video and photo quality. They are outstanding! About me, I'm 88 yrs old and discovered my eyesight is not really good enough to fly vlos for more than 100' or so. Also I can hardly see the info on the smart phone screen. Even bought a sun screen for it but it does help but I'm still not comfortable with using it. It came with the Flymore kit but I didn't care for the soft bag it came in so purchased a hard case that fits everything in foam, nothing can move. I also bought some extra stuff I thought I might need so this is a complete outfit. I have $630 in it, not including all the extras. I will sell it for much less than what I paid. If interested message me, I will provide pictures of everything if you really are interested.

Hi ME262,
I have a Mavic Mini2 that I can give you a good deal on. It's been flown 3 times, each flight approximately 5 min. long to check the video and photo quality. They are outstanding! About me, I'm 88 yrs old and discovered my eyesight is not really good enough to fly vlos for more than 100' or so. Also I can hardly see the info on the smart phone screen. Even bought a sun screen for it but it does help but I'm still not comfortable with using it. It came with the Flymore kit but I didn't care for the soft bag it came in so purchased a hard case that fits everything in foam, nothing can move. I also bought some extra stuff I thought I might need so this is a complete outfit. I have $630 in it, not including all the extras. I will sell it for much less than what I paid. If interested message me, I will provide pictures of everything if you really are interested.
I live in Canada west coast unfortunately.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fast54