DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Semi-hard case for Air 2

Reactions
I'm looking for a semi-soft case for my Air 2 that has extra room for accessories (4 batteries and rapid parallel charger). I don't like hard-shell cases because they're too bulky, and the soft case that comes with the Fly More combo doesn't offer enough protection for the drone. I'm looking for something in between, kind of like the case that comes with the original Mavic Mini (not the mini- 2) combo, which is a soft(ish) zipper case with a sort of stiff inner shell for extra protection. I've found several like that, but the inside always has molded spots for specific accessories, and no place for my rapid charger.

Anybody have a suggestion for a case that fits that description?

For an example of something close to what I'm looking for, this is the closest thing I've found, but it doesn't have room for a 4th battery or my parallel charger:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B088M7B49L/ref=ox_sc_saved_title_2?smid=A1BSRCWKIA94M3&psc=1

I don't have a recommendation for a more compact soft case but this is what I found works for me. I use the Lykus titan MA210. It has a spot under the smart controller cut out for the standard rc. maybe you'd be able to put the RC there and your rapid charger above it? The case also has to space for 6 batteries total as well as many other accessory spaces. I use this for storage and transport and will use the fly more shoulder bag if I want to pack lighter. Sorry this isn't more helpful, I just thought I'd share my solution in case it may help.

I don't have a recommendation for a more compact soft case but this is what I found works for me. I use the Lykus titan MA210. It has a spot under the smart controller cut out for the standard rc. maybe you'd be able to put the RC there and your rapid above it? The case also has to space for 6 batteries total as well as many other accessory spaces. I use this for storage and transport and will use the fly more shoulder bag if I want to pack lighter. Sorry this isn't more helpful, I just thought I'd share my solution in case it may help.
I'm using the RLSOCO case and it works for me.
And me Thumbswayup

Reactions: mavicair204
I’ve got the exact same case, and I don’t know how you could improve on it. I really like it.
Looks like a great case, but it doesn't meet my requirements. I need room for 4 batteries and a rapid charger that's about twice the size of the stock unit. If they made that case about 2 inches longer and expanded the section that holds the charger it would be perfect.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-03-25 at 8.27.26 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-03-25 at 8.27.26 PM.png
    6.7 MB · Views: 29
  • Screen Shot 2021-03-25 at 8.26.21 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-03-25 at 8.26.21 PM.png
    6 MB · Views: 29
  • Screen Shot 2021-03-25 at 8.30.59 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-03-25 at 8.30.59 PM.png
    5.9 MB · Views: 29
Reactions: rickfmdj
I'm looking for a semi-soft case for my Air 2 that has extra room for accessories (4 batteries and rapid parallel charger). I don't like hard-shell cases because they're too bulky, and the soft case that comes with the Fly More combo doesn't offer enough protection for the drone. I'm looking for something in between, kind of like the case that comes with the original Mavic Mini (not the mini- 2) combo, which is a soft(ish) zipper case with a sort of stiff inner shell for extra protection. I've found several like that, but the inside always has molded spots for specific accessories, and no place for my rapid charger.

For an example of something close to what I'm looking for, this is the closest thing I've found, but it doesn't have room for a 4th battery or my parallel charger:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B088M7B49L/ref=ox_sc_saved_title_2?smid=A1BSRCWKIA94M3&psc=1

No issues at all with the soft case in FlyMore. Drone is pretty well protected - now the 2 slots for batteries / controller is sketchy.

And I.

I couldn't find, and I mean, really couldn't find, a decent box for my investment. I took a chance on the RLSoco. Talk about surprised and impressed. It will swallow an MA2 FMC + Tab A7 10.4 with the RCGEEK 10" Tablet Holder. A highlight of the case I chose was the ability to strap your RC in, or you can upgrade later to the Smart Controller and still strap it in.

This RLSoco Case on amzn

RCGEEK Tablet Holder on Amzn

Heck, here's the tablet...on Amzn
Alright, you're like the 6 billionth person (rounding up) to recommend that case now. Sold. I can probably fit the 4th battery in the accessory spot, and just carry my rapid charger separately when I travel.

Thanks everyone for the recommendations. I'll be ordering the RLSCO case today.

Reactions: Zeprider

I ended up with the "Smatree" that I found online. It's not hard-sided like a Pelican, but, still sturdy and has a constitution!
I have the smart controller so I modified the outer compartment to accommodate my Smart Controller instead of the GoPro. With the spot for the standard controller available, it might just fit your charger.

I ended up with the "Smatree" that I found online. It's not hard-sided like a Pelican, but, still sturdy and has a constitution!
I have the smart controller so I modified the outer compartment to accommodate my Smart Controller instead of the GoPro. With the spot for the standard controller available, it might just fit your charger.
That might be pretty close to what I'm looking for. I wasn't thinking backpack style, but that could work, as long as the sides are fairly rigid - I don't want hard plastic, but something with enough rigidity that I can pack it in the back of the Jeep with the tent and other gear without worrying about it getting crushed in transit.

Reactions: MAJ Mavic
That might be pretty close to what I'm looking for. I wasn't thinking backpack style, but that could work, as long as the sides are fairly rigid - I don't want hard plastic, but something with enough rigidity that I can pack it in the back of the Jeep with the tent and other gear without worrying about it getting crushed in transit.
Yes- I think it would be perfect for that! I did get the hard cover for my smart controller however just to be safe since it sits in that outside compartment. Hope this helps you decide! (I'd attempted to upload a video of the case and my modification, but, it appears that it was disallowed or is still pending review possibly.)

Last edited:
I recommend getting this bag it's nice

20210306_075813-1-jpg.128642
20210306_080018-1-jpg.128643

Last edited:
I also have this great case, good protection, and holds everything including my iPad mini!
That is an amazing case especially for flymore kits. Glad I bought one.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
James Hoogenboom