DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Semi-new from the Bay Area, CA

GDadd

Premium Pilot
Reactions
Hi All, I've been following the forums since early this year, but just getting around to the introduction.

In January I purchased a M2P and M2Z after a 5 year hiatus from UAVs. Until 2013 I flew the Phantom/GoPro3 and built a half dozen frankendrones.

The Mavics continue to blow me away in quality, size, and features. Given the recent cost to upgrade my Canon handheld rig to the Mark IV, the relative cost of the Mavics, while not cheap is impressive.

That all said, there's much to learn well beyond how the units work, and the expertise and experience throughout this site has been nothing short of immensely helpful. Many thanks to those of you who have helped those of us get started (or restarted) without making likely and costly mistakes.

Cheers!

Welcome to the forum. I am a long time ex Bay Area resident relocated to the foothills. I’m curious why you got both Mavic 2’s. Most opt for one or another. I have the M2P.

Welcome to the forum.
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching . Thumbswayup

Welcome to the forum. I am a long time ex Bay Area resident relocated to the foothills. I’m curious why you got both Mavic 2’s. Most opt for one or another. I have the M2P.
Hi Ken, I originally thought that having the camera's zoom capability would be valuable enough to warrant having both. However, the M2P's specs are strong and flexible enough that I can achieve any zoom effect in post without really sacrificing quality. I also thought it might be cool to have both in the air along with my son, but between spotting and trying to achieve certain types of shots we only fly one at a time.

In hindsight I would have purchased only the M2P. The Inspire 2 looks quite impressive, but after having something so small and powerful, I confess to being completely wowed by the Mavic's footprint.

Hi Ken, I originally thought that having the camera's zoom capability would be valuable enough to warrant having both. However, the M2P's specs are strong and flexible enough that I can achieve any zoom effect in post without really sacrificing quality. I also thought it might be cool to have both in the air along with my son, but between spotting and trying to achieve certain types of shots we only fly one at a time.

In hindsight I would have purchased only the M2P. The Inspire 2 looks quite impressive, but after having something so small and powerful, I confess to being completely wowed by the Mavic's footprint.
Same conclusions I came to in deciding to buy mine.

Welcome to Mavicpilots.com. If you ever need advice or repair questions, feel free to reach out to the forum.

Best regards and good luck,

Rob
Thunderdrones

Hi All, I've been following the forums since early this year, but just getting around to the introduction.

In January I purchased a M2P and M2Z after a 5 year hiatus from UAVs. Until 2013 I flew the Phantom/GoPro3 and built a half dozen frankendrones.

The Mavics continue to blow me away in quality, size, and features. Given the recent cost to upgrade my Canon handheld rig to the Mark IV, the relative cost of the Mavics, while not cheap is impressive.

That all said, there's much to learn well beyond how the units work, and the expertise and experience throughout this site has been nothing short of immensely helpful. Many thanks to those of you who have helped those of us get started (or restarted) without making likely and costly mistakes.

Cheers!
Welcome to Mavic Pilots from Dayton Ohio USA! Enjoy your M2P and M2Z. Fly safe and have fun!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
valter123