DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Send images to external device through remote controller USB-A

e.plaza

Reactions
Hi,
Can anyone tell me if the USB-A of the remote controller (either the regular remote controller or the smart controller) is able to send the video streaming to a external device (using a USB-USB cable). I only want to receive the images in the USB port of a external device to use them in an in-house program, no for navigating the drone. I'm not considering the HDMI port of the smart controller initially.

Regards

Well you can make your own app using the DJI SDK and use that instead of the DJI app on the phone you use to fly. You can't connect 2 devices though.

Hi,
Can anyone tell me if the USB-A of the remote controller (either the regular remote controller or the smart controller) is able to send the video streaming to a external device (using a USB-USB cable).
You'll transfer video files a lot faster and simpler by popping the SD card and putting that in a USB 3 adapter and using that.

Hi,
Can anyone tell me if the USB-A of the remote controller (either the regular remote controller or the smart controller) is able to send the video streaming to a external device (using a USB-USB cable). I only want to receive the images in the USB port of a external device to use them in an in-house program, no for navigating the drone. I'm not considering the HDMI port of the smart controller initially.

Regards

Do you mean that you need to display the LIVE video stream to another device while flying? And that right now, that external device is USB input only (and therefore cannot make use of the SC HDMI port)? Because that's what a lot of us do that don't have a SC (send the USB-A signal from the std. controller to a phone or tablet).

Of course, we view that video feed in the controller app (DJI Go 4), not a raw feed. As Kilrah mentioned, you could write your own app using the SDK to process that video otherwise.

But if you mean use the video feed to store video to an external device for later use, yeah, what Meta said. The SD card in a card reader is a lot less trouble than hooking up some other recording device to the USB-A port, but also the video feed from the controller is lower quality than that being recorded to the aircraft's SD card.

Chris

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thefons82