DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Sensor Error 16010041 and aircraft crash immediately after firmware update

JB_Drones

Reactions
I updated my mavic 3 with new firmware v01.00.0900 and took it into my backyard for a simple test flight approx Wed 2 Nov.

I performed approximately 5 minutes of basic flying to test the new features and also check controller connectivity, GPS satellite connections etc, with no issues or errors, and then I tried to manually fly the drone back, where I saw the camera tilt sideways and the controller notified me with a 'sensor error' code: 16010041.

I lost all control of the drone and it rapidly descended from approx 120m (relative altitude) and crashed into the roof of a house.

The battery was above 70%, the connection was stable, and the GPS showed 26 satellites. I recovered the drone from the rooftop (luckily) and it was completely destroyed and not useable.

I have sent back to DJI and they don't seem to be investigating the crash properly, my initial thought is that it had an IMU failure which seems common, and can be triggered by some firmware updates. My aircraft was purchased very soon after the Mavic 3 was released in 2021, so I am wondering if some batches shipped with lower quality chips etc?

Also, can anyone shed light on the sensor error code?

Thanks for posting this. Something else to watch for. DJI service is a lot like a box of chocolates. You never know what you are going to get.

DJI Flight Log Viewer | Phantom Help

• Post your flight data to get help
  • Go to DJI Flight Log Viewer | Phantom Help
  • Follow the instructions there to upload your flight record from your phone or tablet.
  • That will give you a detailed report on the flight data.
  • Come back and post a link to the report it provides.
You are also welcome to just post the txt file here.

Upload and view DJI Phantom, Mavic, and Spark flight logs online
@Meta4 is great at offering explanations from the data.

Reactions: Rchawks
Just as a question, did you reboot the drone between the update and the flight?

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tenakeetwo