DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Sensor Scratched!!

Ezaz

Reactions
Hello Pilots! Today I flew my Air for the 3rd time and turned on the Sport mode. I didn’t know the sensors turns off while in Sport mode. Eventually my drone crashed into a cable in an open field (no idea where that cable from!) and dropped into sand and grass.

I cleaned the drone thoroughly but I can see some scratches on the front left sensor. It quite saddens me. It was almost brand new drone with no single scratches!

I seek help from experienced pilots regarding how to remove the tiny scratch. Also will it affect sensing on future flights?

Many Thanks!

Attachments

• 5520B9A5-595A-443A-AFB9-BB218099CE27.jpeg
    5520B9A5-595A-443A-AFB9-BB218099CE27.jpeg
    960.7 KB · Views: 108
That is new info for me too. Sensors turn off when sport mode. At ~40-50m I have play with my allot ! I love how it drift in the air when turning :)

Is the lens cover glass or plastic? If the latter, there are a number of plastic polishes on the market (I've used Merguires in the past) that do a pretty good job removing light scratches from plastic.

I might be wrong, but I recall it tells you obstacle avoidance is off when you engage sport mode.

A single cable most likely would not have been detected by the sensors anyway. Neither will a single leafless branch. They are even less effective when looking directly into the sun or in low light conditions. For these reasons, you should not rely on the sensors to prevent collisions.

Reactions: Former Member
I saw a smudge on right rear sensor on my Mavic and cleaned with cotton bud. The smudge seemed to not go. I suspect it was not grime, but the anti glare coating coming off. However in my attempts to get rid of smudge I scratched the camera sensor, there are loads of scratches on it .
I got a quote from drone doctor and they said £180 as it's a rear cluster replacement job !
DJI said to recalibrate the sensor, but my laptop was so laggy, that I gave up and just chose to fly it and see.
The rear collision sensors worked ok and the Apas function worked. My scratches seem worse than yours do so I reckon yours should be ok .
I was relieved as £180 is too much.
Hopefully yours will be ok. Luckily it's the rear sensor on mine, and I believe the Mavic pro does not have rear sensors.
Hope this helps.
KK

507d7778c7be4d4e80733366bdc657ed.jpg

Reactions: mistygrey_
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozwaldcore