DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Serious GO 4.1.5 Android bug!

GerdS

Reactions
I have read several crash descriptions for the GO4.1.5 app (Android) on German forums from Mavic, Spark and Phantom 4 Plus users and can reproduce this bug now on my mobile device connected to my Mavic, too.

The app does reproducably crash either while displaying the splash screen, the main screen or shortly after tapping onto "Go Fly".

I did further testing and found out that the crash will happen only if:
- the Mavic is connected with the remote and has a GPS fix already
- the system language of the mobile device is set to a different language than English, e.g. German

So from my Android programming knowledge DJI coders made a mistake with handling location and language dependent Android string-to-number and number-to-string functions, probably with the GPS position returned by Mavic for checking No Fly zones at app startup.

So as a workaround until this bug gets fixed do as follows:
Open the mobile's settings and change the system language to English!

I have already contacted a DJI rep on RCGroups who will hopefully give this information to the right person and also reported to the mail address specvified within Google Play Store.

Last edited:
I can confirm I'm having this issue on lg g4. Haven't changed locale, just installed 4.1.3 instead of which has been working best for me

How can i install older versions of the app ? I also have this error.
You will need the old apk file from somewhere and install that by yourself, with "install from unknown sources" enabled within security settings.
Or while waiting for the bug-fixed version you may set your phone to Enlish language and use the buggy app.

I can confirm I'm having this issue on lg g4. Haven't changed locale, just installed 4.1.3 instead of which has been working best for me
Hi - you may be the guy I am looking for to help me out - Didn't turn off auto update in playstore app for Go 4 so ended up with 4.1.4 - it's a night mare! Takes ages to connect then disconnects randomly & now uninstalling then reinstalling has dji asking to input a Chinese tel # .....! WTF!
I thought I had useful info via APKMirror but just doesn't pan out. Just want to revert back to App Version 4.1.3 - much more stable for me
I'd probably need a link to Youtube (searched) video that walks you throught the steps?
Cheers & thanks in advance

Now i have a different problem the app works fine just as it should be but camera gimble suddenly cant go all the way down or up when i controll it manually or doing gimble calibration but nothink physicly blicking it its like motors od gimble is stuck but when its doing its first calibration when ill turn drone on its going down and even up like nothink is wrong but when controling manually it says gimble overload

Hi - you may be the guy I am looking for to help me out - Didn't turn off auto update in playstore app for Go 4 so ended up with 4.1.4 - it's a night mare! Takes ages to connect then disconnects randomly & now uninstalling then reinstalling has dji asking to input a Chinese tel # .....! WTF!
I thought I had useful info via APKMirror but just doesn't pan out. Just want to revert back to App Version 4.1.3 - much more stable for me
I'd probably need a link to Youtube (searched) video that walks you throught the steps?
Cheers & thanks in advance
I think you simply have to clear cache and data from the now installed app.

Go into program settings, select dji go 4, select "storage", force stop, clear data and cache.

Try downloading 4.1.3 again, I have a copy I downloaded from apk mirror on my server here, try this version:

https://jappish.asuscomm.com:443/AI...inAPI19(armeabi-v7a)(nodpi)_apkmirror.com.apk

I think you simply have to clear cache and data from the now installed app.

Go into program settings, select dji go 4, select "storage", force stop, clear data and cache.

Try downloading 4.1.3 again, I have a copy I downloaded from apk mirror on my server here, try this version:

https://jappish.asuscomm.com:443/AICLOUD1717552453/dji.go.v4_4.1.3-1024454_minAPI19(armeabi-v7a)(nodpi)_apkmirror.com.apk
Thanks for the info - so do you mean delete 4.1.4 - download 4.1.3 from your link above then open it go into the App settings select "storage", force stop, clear data and cache?
I'm not too savvy with this type of thing my friend ( you can tell maybe - doh )

Thanks for the info - so do you mean delete 4.1.4 - download 4.1.3 from your link above then open it go into the App settings select "storage", force stop, clear data and cache?
I'm not too savvy with this type of thing my friend ( you can tell maybe - doh )
I don't think it makes a difference when you delete app cache and data, but since 4.1.4 is the problem try doing it before you uninstall it, just to make sure it doesn't leave anything behind

I don't think it makes a difference when you delete app cache and data, but since 4.1.4 is the problem try doing it before you uninstall it, just to make sure it doesn't leave anything behind
Thanks I went into settings & found force stop & clear cache etc so 1/2 way there -
The link - https://jappish.asuscomm.com/AICLOU...inAPI19(armeabi-v7a)(nodpi)_apkmirror.com.apk
Is this the actual 4.1.3 that I need & just have to download to my Android ? Which will then install 4.1.3 ?
Sorry man as I said - not too savvy

Thanks I went into settings & found force stop & clear cache etc so 1/2 way there -
The link - https://jappish.asuscomm.com/AICLOU...inAPI19(armeabi-v7a)(nodpi)_apkmirror.com.apk
Is this the actual 4.1.3 that I need & just have to download to my Android ? Which will then install 4.1.3 ?
Sorry man as I said - not too savvy
No problem, you are almost there.

Yeah the link is containing a copy of the 4.1.3 I myself downloaded from apk mirror. You can download it from there, or from apk mirror ofcourse.

I shared it from my server since I know this copy works fine, and because although apk-mirror is a great resource, it's not a great ux, requiring lots of clicks to download a file

Yeah the link is containing a copy of the 4.1.3 I myself downloaded from apk mirror. You can download it from there, or from apk mirror ofcourse.

I shared it from my server since I know this copy works fine, and because although apk-mirror is a great resource, it's not a great ux, requiring lots of clicks to download a file
Ok great thanks - I will down load it from you as you are right APKMirror is a complete runaround.
Have tropical storm Franklin about to hit Belize right now so will fix up after the brunt of it has passed..................thanks again

I just got a further update on Play store. It's still 4.1.5 with unchanged change record compared to before.
A quick test in my garden with GPS fix seems to proof that DJI has fixed the bug leading to the app crash.

Ok great thanks - I will down load it from you as you are right APKMirror is a complete runaround.
Have tropical storm Franklin about to hit Belize right now so will fix up after the brunt of it has passed..................thanks again
Hope this works for you aswell. I can see dji has released a new update today aswell for 4.1.5. Maybe they fixed the crashes now?

I'll just stay on 4.1.3 for a little longer

Edit
@GerdS that's great, I was typing as you posted. I hate that they leave the version number unchanged. Is there an easy way to check the build number of apps?

Last edited:
Hope this works for you aswell. I can see dji has released a new update today aswell for 4.1.5. Maybe they fixed the crashes now?

I'll just stay on 4.1.3 for a little longer

Edit
@GerdS that's great, I was typing as you posted. I hate that they leave the version number unchanged. Is there an easy way to check the build number of apps?
Yeah but still going your route 4.1.3 - super steady App for me & will cancel Auto Update after install
tropical Storm Franklin has passed No damage = Life is good

ok I cannot download from the link you gave me - '404 forbidden' ALL kinds of warnings come up so Have updated to 4.1.5 to see if it clears up.
REALLY want to revert back to 4.1.3 but need help ---------------- not going through for me!

Sorry, seems Asus ai cloud is messed up again. I'll check and see if I can fix it

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kramme