DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Set License Enable State Failed?

KiterTodd

Reactions
Has anyone seen this error?

I'm near an unpaved unmanned airport. Have authorization to fly. Have been flying here fine the past two days (I did a text message verification in the app a couple days ago). Now I'm getting the NFZ warning again.

The disclaimer pops up, I check the boxes, but am not given a text message verification option. Just the two disclaimer questions that have been around for a few weeks.

Every time I go through it I get a pop-up that says,
"SET LICENSE ENABLE STATE FAILED"

I power cycled everything and confirmed I have the latest app and firmware.

Thanks for any tips!

Not sure in your case, but be careful. I had a forced landing in a yellow self authorized zone last week. Lucky I hadn't started out over the water yet.

Reactions: KiterTodd
Good to know, Robert. I am flying over water. At least I was... kind of a drag it won't even take off now due to this bug?!?

Good to know, Robert. I am flying over water. At least I was... kind of a drag it won't even take off now due to this bug?!?
Somewhere in the process, in Go4, I remember the option to "Report Error" to DJI. I didn't do that, but it might be our only option until public pressure can get them to back off on the excessive "nannying", or at least until they get their data and algorithms correct.

Somewhere in the process, in Go4, I remember the option to "Report Error" to DJI. I didn't do that, but it might be our only option until public pressure can get them to back off on the excessive "nannying", or at least until they get their data and algorithms correct.

Thanks. Yes. I did that and also sent an email from the "no fly zone" app feature. Which doesn't list this as an NFZ.

The increased control is annoying... specially if it's error-prone. ?

Reactions: Robert Mitchell
Not sure in your case, but be careful. I had a forced landing in a yellow self authorized zone last week. Lucky I hadn't started out over the water yet.
I have been trying it all day to see if the error will clear, no luck.
However, I was able to take-off in Opti mode before it had regained GPS sync (with your story in mind). I kept it low and over good landing terrain at all times. As soon as it acquired GPS it again falsely reported "NFZ" and that an auto landing would start in 10 seconds. It didn't identify the landing area as suitable so it waited for me (a bit) but I could not change altitude. All I could do was directional controls until I initiated landing.

Very frustrating, as you can imagine, to bring the Mavic on vacation with the intention of shooting footage and come up empty while your friends flying 3DRs and other drones are not having issues.

You should just downgrade to .400 firmware and you would no longer need to worry.

Rob

So, here's a recap - brought the Mavic on a 1 week vacation in the U.S. Knew there was a yellow authorization zone nearby I may bump against (unmanned unpaved strip) but nothing that should ground me. So-

• SAT - set up Mavic and get the two disclaimer check boxes. I don't recall if it is labeled NFZ but I receive an option to unlock via text message, which I do, and am flying shortly thereafter.
  • SUN - fly with no issues.
  • MON - fly with no issues
  • TUE - receive the NFZ warning. Mavic won't take off. Disclaimer checkboxes give the above warning. I post here and also email DJI via the "report an error" link on DJI GO App.
  • WED - receive a DJI reply stating to make sure I have the latest DJI GO App installed and if the error still occurs send a screenshot of my About screen. Which I do.
  • THUR - received reply that it was forwarded to R&D for review and for me to provide additional info so it can be unlocked via custom solution.
  • FRI - no reply
  • SAT - no reply
  • SUN - (vacation over. I'm home now) I receive email stating they are analyzing the issue and will fix it soon. In the meantime the the zone has been unlocked for my aircraft in a given date range. They provided detailed instructions on how to install latest firmware and synchronize unlock information.

So, DJI was responsive, which is great, but it took 5 days after I reported the error. Part of this was the time difference I suspect. I'd email them in the morning (EST) and would never see a reply until the following morning. This may be okay if it's a lock near your home, but not if you are traveling and run into an unexpected NFZ error at home base.

Luckily, the advice in this thread to revert back to .400 solved the issue while I was away. Thumbswayup
Now the decision will be should I leave my firmware at .400 or upgrade to current version and risk running in to another false NFZ? How common is this?

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fast54